Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Seamus Coleman

His reputation is already completely tarnished imo - both his own fault for refusing to step back from Ireland and that of the club in continuing to throw good money after bad on new contracts for him.

He was a good player for us and a superb role model - that's it. He was never one of the best full backs in the league, but he was good for us compared to those that came in the years before him.

But that was literally about six years ago when he was deemed to be a good player. It's been that long that nobody can remember it any more.

He was one of the best right backs in the league a decade ago. Not six years ago.

But he was definitely one of the most exciting and effective right backs in the league.

He was one of the best right backs in the league a decade ago. Not six years ago.

But he was definitely one of the most exciting and effective right backs in the league.
He was definitely good, but in all honestly if he was that good there would have been offers for him. As far as I'm aware there has never been an offer made for him in his entire time at Everton. Baines, obviously yes as he was arguably world class, but nothing ever came in for Seamus.

His reputation is already completely tarnished imo - both his own fault for refusing to step back from Ireland and that of the club in continuing to throw good money after bad on new contracts for him.

He was a good player for us and a superb role model - that's it. He was never one of the best full backs in the league, but he was good for us compared to those that came in the years before him.

But that was literally about six years ago when he was deemed to be a good player. It's been that long that nobody can remember it any more.
He should have been told by the club to pack in the internationals if he wanted the one year extension. We already had an over the hill Ashley Young signed up for a year and Patterson who could fill a gap till we signed a starter for RB, and had that young lad impress in pre season.
What annoys me with Seamus now is for all the pride of playing for the club, the kissing the badge, the giving it loads when we beat the RS in April (when he was injured, he is not fully committed if he is going off having just recovered from injury every few months to do the same kissing the badge stuff for Ireland and coming back injured.
Him being captain of Everton and not being capable of having a reasonable chance of being fit to start most games is just another thing that annoys me.

It's just crazy that our "best" RB has gotten injured the last...what, 4 out of 6 years for his country yet he doesn't retire from international duty?

It’s even more crazy when people then turn around and go on about how much he would be willing to sacrifice for our club. Clearly some dead rubber internationals is too much to ask him to give up at his massive age. I could understand somewhat if he had a potential tournament to look forward to like.

He was definitely good, but in all honestly if he was that good there would have been offers for him. As far as I'm aware there has never been an offer made for him in his entire time at Everton. Baines, obviously yes as he was arguably world class, but nothing ever came in for Seamus.

That's the thing, don't get me wrong I really liked Seamus, at his best he was a constant overlap threat, a good bet to chip in over the season with a few goals and constant energy.

But at his best he still couldn't cross a ball to save his life and he was always vulnerable to switching off positionally and letting a winger cut in behind him to the far post - when younger his pace often allowed him to recover on that but his pace is long gone.

It’s even more crazy when people then turn around and go on about how much he would be willing to sacrifice for our club. Clearly some dead rubber internationals is too much to ask him to give up at his massive age. I could understand somewhat if he had a potential tournament to look forward to like.

Could almost say he extended his contract with us so he could still be picked for Ireland.

Retired from us, then Ireland aren't gonna be picking a retired player are they.

Said many times, if he thinks anything of the club should have retired at international football years ago to save his playing time at club level, but no Seamus Coleman is all about him, taking his wage each week as the club pays for his international injury AGAIN

Pathetic from the club to give him a contract and Pathetic of him to think he still has it at Premier League level nevermind international level

Could almost say he extended his contract with us so he could still be picked for Ireland.

Retired from us, then Ireland aren't gonna be picking a retired player are they.

Said this half jokingly the other day, but is it a joke?

Genuinely think he’ll retire from club football and still continue to be picked and play for Ireland.

Anyway @GrandOldSte117 tells me he’s not allowed to retire from Ireland duty because they haven’t got a replacement for him.

Some of these brits think 1922 never happened telling good Irish lads how to live their lives

Seamus though hes living in the UK is still very imbedded in the local community both in Donegal and Ireland in general. He was front and center this week doing all the media and grassroots bits.

In the summer you see him up at Croker at the GAA, hes actually Dessie Farrells cousin as well.

Was handy himself he would have played underage for Donegal with a lot of the great Donegal team who won the All Ireland in 2012. Its a whole scape people in the UK dont really understand. Its all part of what makes him who he is.

1725791076137.png

Said many times, if he thinks anything of the club should have retired at international football years ago to save his playing time at club level, but no Seamus Coleman is all about him, taking his wage each week as the club pays for his international injury AGAIN

Pathetic from the club to give him a contract and Pathetic of him to think he still has it at Premier League level nevermind international level
It’s his country you fool
Country before club all day

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back