2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe but they had the biggest budget in the Championship and could afford to play swashbuckling togger against lesser sides.

If Kompany plays that way in the prem half the sides in this league will destroy them imo
You'd probably be best having a look at who they utilized winning the championship this season just ended, pay particular attention to the loans ;)

binned lampard after the west ham away on the 21st of January. it was a loss of course.
managed by Dyche
Arsenal we won
leeds we won
Brentford we won
Brighton we won
Bournemouth we won

5 wins in 18 games. numerous draws, fine. (6 draws)

lampard managed us in the other 20 league games and we beat
West ham
Southampton
Crystal palace

3 wins in 20 games. numerous draws. (6 draws also)

Only Wolves scored less than us (34) with their 31 goals. Just some facts to throw in the cauldron and broil.
Based on Dyche’s points per game, over a season we would have 44 points (comfortable mid table), Lampard’s would have been 28.5, even if you rounded that up to 29 that’s getting you relegated any season.

I think keeping on Dyche and trying to get a bit of stability to the club is our best bet. I don’t think we’re likely to hit a Lampard / Benitez run of insanely bad form under Dyche, because Dyche is more pragmatic than either of them.

Ultimately think he's a bit crap, but, having a plan and clear idea of what he is/we are is far better than what we had with Lampard and that fat Kopite pig

He'll get the backing next year. Hopefully he gets some decent players in this summer. Don't need world beaters, will take characters who can play a bit.

First thing he'll do is find us a bruiser a la Ashley Barnes. No idea who comes in for Townsend, shame for him his ACL done his last days in. Would pinch Lavia off saints if possible, get that axis of Belgium going we've been hoping for since Witsel Defour Fellaini some years back.

First thing he'll do is find us a bruiser a la Ashley Barnes. No idea who comes in for Townsend, shame for him his ACL done his last days in. Would pinch Lavia off saints if possible, get that axis of Belgium going we've been hoping for since Witsel Defour Fellaini some years back.
No need. His contract expires in June.

Based on Dyche’s points per game, over a season we would have 44 points (comfortable mid table), Lampard’s would have been 28.5, even if you rounded that up to 29 that’s getting you relegated any season.
Guess how many points you get if you extrapolate Lampard's first half season into his next full season... i.e. this one... I'll save you the time - 47.88 points. Better than Dyche's record. Just saying... No-one should think Dyche has done anything other than save us yet. The real test for him is what happens next season.

Wish he would stop picking his nose in interviews it's not very becoming, wonder if it's a East Midlands habit or maybe some sort of tick!? Oh well literally nitpicking. Has done wonders with what we had left after kopite and Tory boy.

His football is dire
I despise teams who habitually surrender possession, relying on breakaway goals
We need to set our pathway forward to become better than we are and retaining Dyche represents parking in another cul-de-sac of nothingness.
Doesn’t need to be a big name manager , someone on their way up, Schumacher for instance.
This team will not be capable of playing that kind of football after one transfer window. The second Lampard went away from playing a long-ball style we capitulated. Hate it all you want, we are only set up to play one way for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back