2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess how many points you get if you extrapolate Lampard's first half season into his next full season... i.e. this one... I'll save you the time - 47.88 points. Better than Dyche's record. Just saying... No-one should think Dyche has done anything other than save us yet. The real test for him is what happens next season.
Worth mentioning that Lampard had Richarlison in that first half season who got us a lot of points pretty much single-handedly. Additionally I think the league in general this season was a lot stronger than last year. I don’t even think that Southampton were anywhere near as crap as the likes of Norwich and Watford were.

Hopefully in preseason he gives some of the younger players a chance to stake a claim
I hope he's not here in pre-season! He will be though.

You would expect us to be very busy all summer starting from today about huge changes at the club, but i wouldn't bet on it.
Thelwell wont open his laptop until 1st July.

We have the right man for the right Job at present for me, if some like it or not, Dyche did very well to do what we did with no forward pretty much, Injury after Injury, a team that could not score, win, and so much more, This is real life not footy manager were a new boss comes in and makes us better instantly like certain people act like, Dyche deserves a window at least and see how we go, and i like the way he talked looking to the future etc

Don’t see why potter wouldnt come or even Rodgers

The time for Potter was before Benitez annihilated the club

He’s got nothing to work with right now

Postecogelu is good at going into failing clubs and whipping them into shape, so if he was willing to come then I’d be willing to call time on Dyche

Right now swapping out Dyche for Potter isn’t going to work, and I say that as possibly the biggest Potter advocate on here when Ancelotti left

Dyche has been a failure and should be sacked once we get relegated. I don’t see us going through and we cant rely on Mina to fill the void. We need to stay away from English managers. Most of the fan calls were for lampard and dyche you reap what you sow my friends. These were idiotic calls and were off to the championship.

Had we went with Allardyce instead we would have been up and we wouldn’t be relying on the last game.

Whoever spray painted lampard in at the goodison gate needs to be back slapped twice. Brain was not working there.
That was Frank lampards pr team.
In hindsight imagine using graffiti as a barometer people’s opinions.

The time for Potter was before Benitez annihilated the club

He’s got nothing to work with right now

Postecogelu is good at going into failing clubs and whipping them into shape, so if he was willing to come then I’d be willing to call time on Dyche

Right now swapping out Dyche for Potter isn’t going to work, and I say that as possibly the biggest Potter advocate on here when Ancelotti left
I think Ange is right in the frame for spurs potentially.

Personally I think Dyche should get the nod to carry on next season. He kept his part of the bargain and kept us up. If he can improve the squad in the summer and get us comfortably safe next season then job done and we can look to progress from there. He absolutely needs the board to get him a striker in the summer, and one of PL ability who can challenge DCL or be an option when he’s injured. If we have two good strikers then I think he’ll keep us comfortably safe.

Cautiously optimistic about Dyche. He is a manager who spent the time away from the game improving himself and evolving as a manager as per interviews. Dyche is a manager who knows how he wants to play, what kind of players he wants and how to grind out points. At the very least I think we will have a team with structure and well understood game plan come next season. But the most important thing is that he KNOWS what he wants. No ifs and buts.

What I like about Dyche is that he makes adjustements during the matches and changes tactics between games. Apart from Martinez in his first season, none of our managers have done that. For example Koeman and Allardyce would never make any changes to their approach, even if it wasn't working at all.

Yesterday was a brief preview of that adjustability during a match. After the goal, we went defensive looking for counter attacks. And apart for few heart attacks, it worked. We got those quick counter attack opportunities and Bournemouth had hard time getting to our box.

I think Ange is right in the frame for spurs potentially.

Personally I think Dyche should get the nod to carry on next season. He kept his part of the bargain and kept us up. If he can improve the squad in the summer and get us comfortably safe next season then job done and we can look to progress from there. He absolutely needs the board to get him a striker in the summer, and one of PL ability who can challenge DCL or be an option when he’s injured. If we have two good strikers then I think he’ll keep us comfortably safe.

Yeah the only appeal we’d have for Postecogelu would be that it’s a way to get his foot in the door at a Premier League club and it would set him up nicely for a bigger job if he could sort us out

And if he failed, he’s got a readymade excuse

It’s why I think it’s unlikely he’d come here, but it’s not totally out of the question either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back