2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. We're appointing bums because of a poor back room that can't identify whether a manager is a bum or not and not because only bums would consider the job.
I think you'll find it's a motley combination of the two.

But the financial situation at the club doesn't make attracting a Loputegi or an Emeri likely any time soon. The most likely option is a young promising manager who'd come for the size of the club and challenge. But that's not a given either.

Who is your money no problem ideal candidate?

I disagree. We're appointing bums because of a poor back room that can't identify whether a manager is a bum or not and not because only bums would consider the job.
It's because we go for the PL experience thing, whether it's Kenwright or Moshiri it's all very mediocre, very Everton. Not looking at foreign managers means we end up with a limited market to chose from and it's frustrating as hell at times.

I think you'll find it's a motley combination of the two.

But the financial situation at the club doesn't make attracting a Loputegi or an Emeri likely any time soon. The most likely option is a young promising manager who'd come for the size of the club and challenge. But that's not a given either.

Who is your money no problem ideal candidate?
I have no idea who would actually be interested mate. There are plenty that we could ask though. It's crazy to think the best possible manager in the entire world a PL club can find is a guy who just relegated a different PL club near the next city over. It's just a poor board not having a clue.

Dyche has done his job no point speculating because hes not going anywhere

Lets see how he does with a full season in charge then judge him

My bet is if we sign anything that resemebles a striker we wont be worrying about relegation on last day
Doesn't even need to be the next Haaland. A physical presence who is available for 30 games a season and can get close to double figures in goals would help massively. Like the lad Forest have.

Look at where Villa were when Emery took over. The idea that we can't find a better option is a false one. Lopitegui too with Wolves.

Tuchel is the only name that is a sure bet to do a better job than Dyche right now realistically.

Until we have a lot of dough to spend taking a risk on anyone else other than a proven winner is reckless imo.

Tuchel is the only name that is a sure bet to do a better job than Dyche right now realistically.

Until we have a lot of dough to spend taking a risk on anyone else other than a proven winner is reckless imo.
This is absolutely the wrong way to look at it. What does a proven winner do? We aren't winning anything. Tuchel is badly overrated anyway.

You can argue about whether Dyche’s quality is up to par but I think he has the right idea. Build a foundation and work from there. His changes to the midfield saved us there is not a doubt in my mind we are relegated if he didn’t swap to the midfield 3 and have the balls to keep Maupay out of the team. He has shown flexibility and he isn’t incapable of getting the team to play footy. He is just a bit more calculated on when to do so than the flashy ones like Silva or Bobby.

As others have said firing managers at the rate we have is not a realistic long term solution and will eventually make us even more unattractive as a destination than we already are.

And we can talk about better managers all we want but at the end of the day Moshiri will hire a worse one the second we swerve Dyche, so for the moment let him keep the ship steady and build a team he can actually work with. It doesn’t have to be anything special. Get some young cheap talent that can fill out the squad for now so we aren’t left bare when the injuries inevitably hit. If he can’t do what needs to be done then, then he rightly should be removed.

We have talent. I believe that. McNeil, Garner and Onana definitely are a good start to build from. Tarkowski, Pickford and Doucore are all solid in their roles and Branthwaite looked promising on loan. You can’t have two missing fullbacks and no striker in the team though. Iwobi on the wing is also not ideal in the slightest. Just be smart in the summer and sort things out reasonably for now.

Emery has won 4 europa leagues, got villareal to a champions league semi final and has a 50%+ win rate since 2013. Emery is a fantastic manager who has more than proved how good he is. We should've got him years ago.
My main point was that a good start in the Premiership doesn't always last into a second season and that clubs need to stick with managers a bit longer.

Emery (who I agree is a good manager) got off to a good start at Arsenal too but then the wheels came off and he was sacked in the second season. Ditto Ranieri who has had a similar level of success to Emery in his career.

For me, the current priority is sorting out the board and relationship with the owner - Let's stop the chopping and changing of managers for a bit.

It's because we go for the PL experience thing, whether it's Kenwright or Moshiri it's all very mediocre, very Everton. Not looking at foreign managers means we end up with a limited market to chose from and it's frustrating as hell at times.
I don't think it's so much to do with not looking at foreign managers, it's that we don't plan ahead for possibilities, like failure of a manager.
So it's left until the last second and we don't have time to actually look around at a possible good fit too where we want the club to be heading, the direction of where we want this club moving towards.

Its a failure of the infrastructure of the club and has been for years..

I don't think it's so much to do with not looking at foreign managers, it's that we don't plan ahead for possibilities, like failure of a manager.
So it's left until the last second and we don't have time to actually look around at a possible good fit too where we want the club to be heading, the direction of where we want this club moving towards.

Which is crazy because basically any manager we get is either getting sacked or doing so well someone offers him more money and resources to manage their club. We're always going to need a new manager.

We have only ever gone for ex PL guys under Moshiri, it's just lazy tbh. I can imagine Kenwright being like "Farhad let's just get someone who knows the league" even though in recent years if you look at all the teams who have really achieved outstanding things/feats they have nearly all had foreign managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back