2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is absolutely the wrong way to look at it. What does a proven winner do? We aren't winning anything. Tuchel is badly overrated anyway.

Tuchel isn't an elite manager agreed but he's still won a Champions League and league titles which is something the likes of Potterball and Todgers will never achieve. On his day he can tactically out smart the very best like Pep.

If we gave this job/squad to some hipster manager they'll be sacked within 18 months with us in the bottom 3 no question in my mind.

Until the finances improve & the boardroom/ownership is sorted out Dyche is a steady influence so to get rid for anyone outside of a proven winner is madness.

Tuchel isn't an elite manager agreed but he's still won a Champions League and league titles which is something the likes of Potterball and Todgers will never achieve. On his day he can tactically out smart the very best like Pep.

If we gave this job/squad to some hipster manager they'll be sacked within 18 months with us in the bottom 3 no question in my mind.

Until the finances improve & the boardroom/ownership is sorted out Dyche is a steady influence so to get rid for anyone outside of a proven winner is madness.
Tuchel is a hipster manager lol

Tuchel is a hipster manager lol

Really ?

Surely a hipster manager is one who doesn't win any major trophies but is lauded based on reputation/style of play.

Potterball
Rodgers
Gallardo
Anorim
Biesla
Favre

All spring to mind immediately. Even Poch could fall into that bracket whereas I would say our Tuchel has proven himself to be more than just hype.

I don't need another season to see if Emery is a better manager than Dyche
Grass is always greener on the other side until it isn't.

We've got something to build on with Dyche and his relationship with the current crop of players. He has learnt the hard way where the failings are and where the bright spots are too. He's earned some credit within the club and the supporters and called out clearly in his post match interview what needs to change. I see no reason why he can't be successful (given time) with Everton.

Eddie Howe managed to get Bournemouth relegated and then in his next appointment takes Newcastle from the relegation places to Champions League within 18 months.

Really ?

Surely a hipster manager is one who doesn't win any major trophies but is lauded based on reputation/style of play.

Potterball
Rodgers
Gallardo
Anorim
Biesla
Favre

All spring to mind immediately. Even Poch could fall into that bracket whereas I would say our Tuchel has proven himself to be more than just hype.
Why have you listed managers that have won trophies?

Anyway Tuchel taking over teams mid-season and winning things doesn't really rate for me and Dyche would win titles with PSG. His reputation is based on tactical wizardry that is mostly unfounded IMO. And he's an absolute tit. I'd be disappointed if we appointed him not that it would ever happen.

Grass is always greener on the other side until it isn't.

We've got something to build on with Dyche and his relationship with the current crop of players. He has learnt the hard way where the failings are and where the bright spots are too. He's earned some credit within the club and the supporters and called out clearly in his post match interview what needs to change. I see no reason why he can't be successful (given time) with Everton.

Eddie Howe managed to get Bournemouth relegated and then in his next appointment takes Newcastle from the relegation places to Champions League within 18 months.
Another post where "Dyche" can be swapped with "Lampard" and you'd never know

Make no mistake, the job he inherited was 1000x the task Frank had the previous year. While we were probably lucky to a degree in that no one saw Leicester being as spineless as they were... To get this group over the line with all the injuries is a huge achievement.

No question for me that he is the man who should be stabilising this club for the next 2 years. But whatever happens he will have my eternal appreciation and thanks for saving our club this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back