2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta appreciate talking ourselves into a manager for barely avoiding relegation the same way we did last season and not having any awareness of it.

FWIW Dyche isn't Lampard and I doubt it goes as poorly but we just have to aim higher.
I agree with you mate, but, not this coming season, it's going to be another season of harsh austerity and while I don't think Dyche is our man long term, I think he may well be a steady hand on the tiller for the next couple of years. During that time we will be more concerned with staying in the league and improving our financial situation. Once we are in the new ground and the horrendous two years before this one are off our balance sheet, meaning the league are off our back, we can then think about building and recruiting a manager who can oversee a project like that.

Long term, I don't think Dyche is what we need, but, for the next two seasons, his pragmatic style of management, which involves no luxury players. and no great expenditure to achieve results, may just be what we need. He's certainly earned the chance to try, I'm amazed that we will be still playing top level football next season. This squad is very limited.

I agree with you mate, but, not this coming season, it's going to be another season of harsh austerity and while I don't think Dyche is our man long term, I think he may well be a steady hand on the tiller for the next couple of years. During that time we will be more concerned with staying in the league and improving our financial situation. Once we are in the new ground and the horrendous two years before this one are off our balance sheet, meaning the league are off our back, we can then think about building and recruiting a manager who can oversee a project like that.

Long term, I don't think Dyche is what we need, but, for the next two seasons, his pragmatic style of management, which involves no luxury players. and no great expenditure to achieve results, may just be what we need. He's certainly earned the chance to try, I'm amazed that we will be still playing top level football next season. This squad is very limited.
I agree but at the same time we should know that we've hired someone who's only way to operate is "try to avoid relegation". It's the players we will get, it's the results we will get - you can be practical and still build for the future, and he will not, he will build to survive the current season.

We'll get to BMD and be a shadow of a good football club, constantly striving to finish 15th at best.

*I want to be wrong and for Dyche to turn into a worm-eating Simeone, but my doubt is immeasurable lol

Tuchel is a hipster manager lol
I'm going to be truthful here and say I have no idea what your point is other than Dyche must have tapped your wife.

You're moaning about him, but don't want a 'winner' or a 'hipster manager'. You also earlier pretty much said you think the board are so hopeless they'll just appoint a bum.

Basically we've got Dyche. If he bombs you get to tell us all you were right. If he finishes top ten do you agree to request that the mods change your username to Seanydspetiguana?

Stick with Dyche. No "successful " manager will look twice at us. An upward looking aspiring manager might be overwhelmed by the size of the task faced with getting the worst, weakest squad in recent history to perform, especially with the drawback of little financial support. Two years ago I would have derided the prospect of having Dyche at our "big club". Not anymore. Everton are a shambles from top to bottom and it may take a few years to regain midtable respectability. Give it to Dyche for two years.

I'm going to be truthful here and say I have no idea what your point is other than Dyche must have tapped your wife.

You're moaning about him, but don't want a 'winner' or a 'hipster manager'. You also earlier pretty much said you think the board are so hopeless they'll just appoint a bum.

Basically we've got Dyche. If he bombs you get to tell us all you were right. If he finishes top ten do you agree to request that the mods change your username to Seanydspetiguana?
Maybe I have ideas for who I'd like but don't feel the need to try and have a conversation with the guy who has tapped the laugh button on like 10 straight posts?

The thing is I think their model is now not predicated on survival season to season in exchange to potential longterm EPL stature. Decisions have a shelf life and always prioritizing the next year you risk really draining the cupboards. Burnley may go down but they astutely leveraged the EPL balloon payments into value propositions and a general reset. They now have a squad filled with under 23 prospects who for the majority can project to be sold for profit. They have a viable model that will garner funds for reinvestment window after window. Drop or not in the immediate, that will bare fruit in the future.

We cant look at survival as proof of concept if the pattern is broadly on a downward trajectory. The problems we have dont really change dramatically by surviving or not. It simply is just better and easier to address those issues staying up. But recruitment wise the teams hovering our position are operating more in the future tense then we are. That should be alarming.

Southampton did a pot of this. And they got relegated.

What a serve. He says as the neckiest bearded neck that ever necked a beard watches and spies.

My main point was that a good start in the Premiership doesn't always last into a second season and that clubs need to stick with managers a bit longer.

Emery (who I agree is a good manager) got off to a good start at Arsenal too but then the wheels came off and he was sacked in the second season. Ditto Ranieri who has had a similar level of success to Emery in his career.

For me, the current priority is sorting out the board and relationship with the owner - Let's stop the chopping and changing of managers for a bit.
Hopefully a more competent owner and board can sort things out. I dread the next guy Farhad might hire. It is best if he sits back for now until the situation is resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back