2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely think it is the worst squad i have seen in all my years of suffering and we have had some truly awful teams.
97-98 is still the worst for me... the stuff of nightmares:

Screenshot_20230718-115044.png

That horrific 97-98 squad is superior to what Dyche has right now. There were sprinklings of quality in that: Bilic, Hutchison, Barmby, Ferguson, Parkinson, Jeffers, Dunne - and some quality old hands too. Now? Pickford and, erm…

It's also not inconceivable that Moshiri and, most of all, Bill lied to him about the state of our finances and therefore our future budgets. I also find it hard to believe that any manager worth their salt would accept a job where they were told that every player was up for sale and that most of the proceeds of any sale would not be reinvested in the playing squad.

We have sold Gordon, Kean, Simms, ISS for close to £80m (£55m of which is pure profit in terms of FFP), whilst also shedding somewhere in the region of £300k a week from free agents in wages, and yet we are still obviously potless, and Gray, Holgate and Cannon are all reasonably well linked with departures with maybe further departures following that. Now, maybe we're about to go on some sort of mad spending spree, but it doesn't look especially likely.

I think on the basis of all of that then two scenarios present themselves -
1. Bill lied to Dyche and therefore I feel very sorry for Dyche
2. Dyche was told about all of this, doesn't care, just wants the money and therefore I don't feel sorry for him.

It's doubtful we will know for sure if either of these are the case unless Dyche spills the beans after leaving the club

Either way, it looks bleak.

He's under the same constraints as he was at Burnley. Don't think he was ever sold it on a warchest and finances.

He took the job cos he'd only take a premier league job and we (I assume) were the only ones that afford him it at the time.

It's also a bigger profile than Burnley and probably in the top 10 in the league name wise in terms of job stature (on the pitch it's a different story).

I don't think he's been sold a dud. I think he been in this situation before and know what to do to navigate it.

He's under the same constraints as he was at Burnley. Don't think he was ever sold it on a warchest and finances.

He took the job cos he'd only take a premier league job and we (I assume) were the only ones that afford him it at the time.

It's also a bigger profile than Burnley and probably in the top 10 in the league name wise in terms of job stature (on the pitch it's a different story).

I don't think he's been sold a dud. I think he been in this situation before and know what to do to navigate it.
If he honestly agreed to take on a job where he was told that, even though we just narrowly escaped relegation and were currently in the relegation zone, the squad would be stripped for parts and the only incomings would be freebies and microbudget players then he is either delusional or just wanted a payday. I genuinely believe that Bill will have spun him some web of BS, because that's what he does, he's a pathological liar, and that Dyche has been conned. We'll almost certainly never know for sure.

That horrific 97-98 squad is superior to what Dyche has right now. There were sprinklings of quality in that: Bilic, Hutchison, Barmby, Ferguson, Parkinson, Jeffers, Dunne - and some quality old hands too. Now? Pickford and, erm…
I thought we had Gary Speed as well up until the end of January 1998…I am sure I saw him play alongside Ferguson and Madar at Palace in January 1998.

Parkinson didn't play a single game that season because he had no knees. Retired the following year.

I thought we had Gary Speed as well up until the end of January 1998…I am sure I saw him play alongside Ferguson and Madar at Palace in January 1998.
I thought speed left after falling out with Kendall? Wasn't there a story that speed went into the car park after training and found him pissed, asleep in his car as well?

Edit: yep. Here's a quote...

In Gary Speed Unspoken – The Family’s Untold Story , journalist and close friend John Richardson reveals his exit was down to manager Howard Kendall’s drink problem.

If he honestly agreed to take on a job where he was told that, even though we just narrowly escaped relegation and were currently in the relegation zone, the squad would be stripped for parts and the only incomings would be freebies and microbudget players then he is either delusional or just wanted a payday. I genuinely believe that Bill will have spun him some web of BS, because that's what he does, he's a pathological liar, and that Dyche has been conned. We'll almost certainly never know for sure.

Yes cos it's a high profile job and he wanted a premiership one after turning down championship ones.

Possible that the asset stripping may have not been part of the plan but I'm sure restraints and a sell to buy budget would've been as that's been in place since Benitez took the job.

Every manager we've had under Mosh has come for a payday as we pay handsomely. I don't think he's anywhere near his predecessors though.

Hes a right fit for our club right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.