2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes cos it's a high profile job and he wanted a premiership one after turning down championship ones.

Possible that the asset stripping may have not been part of the plan but I'm sure restraints and a sell to buy budget would've been as that's been in place since Benitez took the job.

Every manager we've had under Mosh has come for a payday as we pay handsomely. I don't think he's anywhere near his predecessors though.

Hes a right fit for our club right now.
I never said he wasn't, all I said was that he had been duped. Nothing you've said has changed my mind.

Yes cos it's a high profile job and he wanted a premiership one after turning down championship ones.

Possible that the asset stripping may have not been part of the plan but I'm sure restraints and a sell to buy budget would've been as that's been in place since Benitez took the job.

Every manager we've had under Mosh has come for a payday as we pay handsomely. I don't think he's anywhere near his predecessors though.

Hes a right fit for our club right now.
Agreed. Dyche is not a stupid man, regardless of his qualities as a manager. He’d see right through Bills lies, if there were any and laugh in his face. All managers want to maximise their salary (and sacking bonus), but he’s young enough with just about enough credit from Burnley to not want to torch his career based on the teary eyed warbling of a pensioner who’d overseen decades of failure. It’s not like our finances were top secret.

If he made any mistake when joining the club, it will have been that Dom was almost back to full fitness with no further issues anticipated. We’ve all fallen for that one at least twice.

Agreed. Dyche is not a stupid man, regardless of his qualities as a manager. He’d see right through Bills lies, if there were any and laugh in his face. All managers want to maximise their salary (and sacking bonus), but he’s young enough with just about enough credit from Burnley to not want to torch his career based on the teary eyed warbling of a pensioner who’d overseen decades of failure. It’s not like our finances were top secret.

If he made any mistake when joining the club, it will have been that Dom was almost back to full fitness with no further issues anticipated. We’ve all fallen for that one at least twice.
Third time's the charm?

I never said he wasn't, all I said was that he had been duped. Nothing you've said has changed my mind.

He's on record saying something along the lines of he'll deal with whatever he's got. So if we had a warchest or not, he'd still take the job based on the profile.

Think the only promises he were given was a bonus for keeping us up.

I thought speed left after falling out with Kendall? Wasn't there a story that speed went into the car park after training and found him pissed, asleep in his car as well?

Edit: yep. Here's a quote...

In Gary Speed Unspoken – The Family’s Untold Story , journalist and close friend John Richardson reveals his exit was down to manager Howard Kendall’s drink problem.
He did leave after falling out with Kendall but he was still playing until mid January in the 97-98 season so he should have been included in the squad details originally posted. His addition and contribution to that squad for over half a season made a big difference to us staying up.

Fnu_YX7XEAYXeFx.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back