2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching this 20 minute video of Dyche explaining his 4-4-2 and while I appreciate that he does seem to have a decent handle on defensive organization I just don't see how these tactics are going to lead to us ever scoring a goal. Hopefully he's got a good set piece coach or something.
Are you seriously suggesting we won’t score another goal for the rest of this season. You pump out a lot of nonsense but you took the biscuit with that.

Are you seriously suggesting we won’t score another goal for the rest of this season. You pump out a lot of nonsense but you took the biscuit with that.
It's an exaggeration obviously but I think it's very realistic that we won't get to 30 for the year at this point.

Watching this 20 minute video of Dyche explaining his 4-4-2 and while I appreciate that he does seem to have a decent handle on defensive organization I just don't see how these tactics are going to lead to us ever scoring a goal. Hopefully he's got a good set piece coach or something.

Who will be taking the set pieces though? Gordon did some and was garbage, i guess it's on Gray now

Are these players you would be happy for us to sign though? I get that he didn't have a budget but I would struggle to call any of those signings a big success bar maybe Ings.

I'm very curious to see who we end up bringing in. I don't think we will go for a bunch of big slow galoots as the lack of pace in our squad is too obvious to ignore.

Tbh I don't think Dyche has the kind of pull to convince any half decent players to join this mess.
It was Eddie Howe who signed Ings. He also signed Trippier.

I'm guessing I will get some stick for this but from the outside he seems the perfect short term fix.
I know you don't fancy his brand of football but not that long ago we went down and our forum was full of people thinking crap like ...
Chance to get rid of the deadwood,
We'll piss the league next year, it'll be class winning every week.

You all know how that ended for us, another relegation and 4 years in L1.

More than owt else lads and lasses, Everton need to stay in the top division, it's just one of those things that has to be.
Stay up, new owners and stadium and build over the next few years, feck what the Kopshites are doing short term.

Good luck for the rest of the season, nice of our nearest and dearest to throw £40M at you mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.