2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems weird watching an Everton manager looking comfortable and assured on the screen.
Frank looked absolutely shattered in the last few months.
Let's give him a chance guys. At least he seems to have a decent plan. Not sure I agree about the team facing the quality and he seemed a bit sheepish about signings though.
No sign of contract Dave either.

We aren't going to win every game 1-0. At some point you have to score goals. Plural. If your goal isn't to fix that part we're not surviving.

One way to look at it is like Rugby. If you are not scoring tries then it is more than likely not the flair players at the back fault, but the forwards. The forwards give a team the basis to play fluid free flowing rugby, scoring lots of tries.

We don't know for certain the exact balance he will adopt straight up but with the games coming up we have to look at a solid foundation first. We cannot go gung ho, otherwise it will be a case of great, we scored 2 but we conceded 4.

If we can just get the confidence in the back line right, the pressure is relieved, hopefully enough that the midfielders can express themselves more, further up the pitch.

I genuinely think he’ll sort us out.

Even if we just regain the defensive solidity we had under Lampard at the start of the season we’d probably be fine. He’s got a wealth of defensive resources to pick from and a good goalkeeper.

We just need to balance the midfield and get more out of the attack, hopefully supplemented with a few additions in this window.

From the recent player links it looks like he knows we lack creativity badly. The rest he's probably ok with. Maybe he also gets in a target man - I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.