2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't poking the bear. I was generally interested in your view point vs what Dyche had to say. There are fine lines between winning and losing. We have thrown away some leads where simple tweaks, sound decision making and sensible substitutions would prevail. Convert those thrown away points, and we're mid table at this point in the season. I'm a optimistic that an experienced manager will be able to gain those lost points. Let's see if we put up a fight before writing him off. I'm sure he knows a lot more than us forum tacticians.

I'm far from writing him off and you know that. I just pointed out that saying we only need a few minor tweaks is far from the reality.

I'm far from writing him off and you know that. I just pointed out that saying we only need a few minor tweaks is far from the reality.
I dont agree. Few tweaks and we can turn those losses into wins / draws. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll get those tweaks in place before the window closes. So it's all on tactics now.

I think Dyche is in the same position as Allardyce and that Moshiri already intends to appoint a new manager for next season regardless.
With the club only bringing in three staff including dyche it's not outside the realms of the possible that him and his two other staff are sacked at the end of the season.

For where we are right now Sean Dyche is just what we need. I'm very happy with this appointment.

He knows how to keep teams stable in the Premier League, and he knows how to win promotion from the Championship as well.

Best of luck to Sean hopefully he does a great job for us. Now we need to bring in some new players for him!

If we get no signings this feller is part of the problem right away for me.

That would signify collusion with this board and owner.

There's no one who believes Everton can get clear of relegation without more players in here now, especially after another sale.

This guy has come in because he is a poor enough manager to not be in a position to question the lack of signings.

Anyone decent would laugh at this job.

Agree. He's taken the job knowing there is no money to spend, as its the biggest job he will ever get probably.

Reckon thats why nobody else would touch it

If we get no signings this feller is part of the problem right away for me.

That would signify collusion with this board and owner.

There's no one who believes Everton can get clear of relegation without more players in here now, especially after another sale.

Doubt he will care, he will just manage us in the Championship. He's not going to turn down this job, even with no money

Doubt he will care, he will just manage us in the Championship. He's not going to turn down this job, even with no money
He wont manage Everton after relegating us. No chance. If that's the calculation then it wont stand.

It looks to me like he's taken a big wage for a 4/5 month spell of managed decline and then that'll be him paid off.

He knows the score: he knows there's f.a. down for us without forwards in. It looks to me that he's taken that job knowing there'll be f.a. signings too.

Status
Not open for further replies.