2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could well be a short term appointment but if.... And it's a chuffing huge If... He can get a tune out of this bunch of weak minded cowards I don't see why it couldn't be a longer one ? I'm too old to care about a managers name in the game if it works it works. If he doesn't get the nod... give to Beilsa... At least we could get some form of sadistic pleasure watching training videos, throwing up, crying having nearly as hard a time as we've had to endure... watching the same over payed lazies trotting round the league week in week out.

Hi, Burnley fan offering an opinion on Sean

He worked miracles at the Turf and on a budget, got us into Europe and kept us up until last season, there are reasons for this as the club was up for sale and we had 2 years of no money being spent to improve the squad, does he play turgid 442 Brexit ball as we always got told? I would say he plays to the strengths of the players he has.

Let me say this about him, if he had spent the money FL spent in the summer you would not be in the mess you are now, if you get him I hope he does well, good luck for the rest of the season whatever happens

ZB

The one thing I'd say in Dyches favour is you look at how quickly Allardyce turned around a probably equally woeful team by doing basics.

I mean we wont know just how bad we are, the extent this is the team or Lampard etc. But a Dyche is probably the lowest risk, lowest reward type manager.

Hes not my number 1 choice, but hes an upgrade on Lampard.

I think what people have to realise is that managing games is far better than being a great player. And knowing how to make awful players into average ones is also a specific skill.
Get Allardyce back then. Hes out of work as well.

I don't understand why we would want him. His teams don't score a lot either. We will go from losing 2-0 to losing 1-0 or nicking a 0-0 draw instead.

I wouldn't be against him for a couple of years, come in steady the ship, get rid of all the dogs in the team, take no crap from the absolute cowards we have.

Maybe just saying that because we're joint bottom, could definitely do worse though

Dyche feels like the 'safer' option if its between Dyche and Biesla. Is safe going to get a tune out of our lot. Dunno, feel like we've tried that approach and it will just fizzle out with a whimper.

Is Biesla going to need half a season to get our lot up to speed to implement his all action style though? Might get tonked 5-0 some games but might also grab a few wins along the way. More of a risky gamble but personally feel we need to shake it all up.

Both him and Bielsa have experience of life in the relegation/promotion area. I'll take either one.
Above all, they're older heads with experience. I can't believe some are touting Rooney or Ferguson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back