2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
He rated Simms to start him at Anfield.
He rated Maupay to start him 3 on the spin.
He rated Davies to bring him on I think what seems every game?

Legs had long gone from 60" especially for likes of Gray, and the game was far too open.

Just think he got it wrong today, he didn't do anything at 2-1 up, away from home, with 20 minutes to go to try and prevent losing.

Needed legs, desperately - Onana was woeful, Gray could barely move. Dyche froze.

He's clearly not played Simms since. You're talking about "legs" and he's got Davies and Maupay...who aren't legs. Garner is but I've no idea what his fitness is.

Again, I agree with you. But not about legs cos we don't have any. Wouldve shifted to a 3 at the back congested the midfield

He's clearly not played Simms since. You're talking about "legs" and he's got Davies and Maupay...who aren't legs. Garner is but I've no idea what his fitness is.

Again, I agree with you. But not about legs cos we don't have any. Wouldve shifted to a 3 at the back

Gray's legs had gone - anyone would have given us more from that point.

Coady, Holgate, Maupay, Mina, Garner, Davies, Simms... there's options there with 20 mins to go away from home to help preserve a lead.

The space Johnson had on the edge of the box to slot the equaliser is a disgrace all considered.

No excuse IMO for Dyche to make his first change on 89th minute.

And it's why we will drop. Dyche would have been fine if he had been appointed in November. But his conservatism will do for us in these tight matches. We needed the win. We got a point. It's a poor result for us in the context of the relegation fight and our need. This was a chance to win points ourselves and damage a direct rival. Beating Brentford won't do the latter. So, we've lost a chance to gain on Forest. We might beat Brentford, but they might win as well. They'll be happy to have kept us at arm's length.
Yep, was a must win and we failed. Games coming up are even more difficult so I can't find a reasonable excuse for drawing here today.

Gray's legs had gone - anyone would have given us more from that point.

Coady, Holgate, Maupay, Mina, Garner, Davies, Simms... there's options there with 20 mins to go away from home to help preserve a lead.

The space Johnson had on the edge of the box to slot the equaliser is a disgrace all considered.

No excuse IMO for Dyche to make his first change on 89th minute.

I agree with you mate.

No excuses from Dyche after that. I’ve been happy with him overall but today was a head scratcher. I think I’ve read that he’s made the least amount of subs in his time in the premier league

We hace conceded more than once in 4 out of his 6 matches even though he's trying to park the bus. We are such a horrible team to watch, we honestly have no right to deserve a place in a modern Premier league.

For a team that needs to grind out wins it's a huge worry. Even when we look relatively comfortable you always feel we are on the verge of conceding due to an individual mistake.

Still 1 goal in open play. He needs to either make changes so that our passing play can create chances or go all in on launching it into the box by playing someone up top who can win the ball in the air up there whether it's their position or not. This middle ground is pointless.

Dyche has been exactly what I had expected since joining. Doing the 'expected' job. But unfortunately Frank was left in charge too long and the damage had already been done. We needed a manager capable of getting an unexpected win here and there. And by that I mean an away win at arsenal or forest. Because we are going to need one or two of those because dyche will not be winning enough of the 'winnable' home games.

I believe if he had taken over after the world Cup he would have gotten 4-6 points minimum that were wasted in that period and that would have given us enough. But we look just short now points wise and it's extremely difficult to see a positive outcome at the end of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back