2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.

So ppl who do better than you and me….do you not think they made better choices for career and life?? Is that not what they are doing better??

Or is it luck and the government's fault?!!!
Given this relates specifically to football managers, their pathway to that job is typically following a career as a player, which will usually begin very early on in life and involve very little by way of decision making on their part early doors. Most of us on here would “choose” a successful career as a footy player if it were that easy, but - in my case, certainly - I wasn’t very good.

As it transpires, I’ve made a decent career for myself and am financially quite comfortable, however by that metric I’ll still always pale in comparison to PL managers because that’s the nature of that particular beast. I don’t accept that Sean Dyche’s career or life choices have been better than mine, just that we’ve had different opportunities present themselves to us and we’ve each done the best we can with them.

Nobody here is professing to be able to be a footy manager at that level, but most are making quite justifiable observations such as “substitute exhausted players late in the game when you’ve only used 1/5 of your allotted changes” or “don’t persist with players who are demonstrably at fault for goals we’ve conceded”. Given this is a forum for Everton supporters, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect such suggestions, tbh.

Dont give a crap lad if that offends you.

If my job is better than yours, its shwos ive done something better or i have made better decisions than you.

Thats life.

Prem footy managers are better and more qualified than me and you.
We all have watched this club for years and these players. All have a right to haveto have different views on what the manager should do, the manager is no different all can get it wrong just beqcuse he is in charge does not mean he is 100% right on the time. Also not sure what job you do means anything or you have made better decisions. Never right to call out fans for having an view

Nope.
Why would i say all this above, while not having a good career!!??!

ive been in the [Poor language removed] and had nothing, no food heat or anything….so i know hardship.
Because you're not a self made millionaire and you just have a slightly above average normal life, much like anyone in a desk or office job, but you deem those jobs crap. My dad was the same until a few years ago, FWIW, and it's a crap attitude to have.

I've also been in the [Poor language removed], and had nothing, in fact in 2 countries in reality, but I got out and am now working in a very profitable career path seeing things and working with technologies you won't even see, likely ever, without even exaggerating. The difference is I'm not being a [Poor language removed] about it to "prove a point", even if the point is dumb.

Also if you're changing the wheels on your car and you put 3 square wheels and 1 shopping trolley wheel and someone says "that's obviously dumb and won't work", will you just slag them off because "you're the manager"? Because that's what Dyche is doing. Not really sure I need qualifications to call a spade - a spade.

Played a good game tonight but was concerned in 2nd half when we started to allow Leicester to dominate. Thought prime time for subs but overall not a bad performance despite Keane and Iwobi being on self destruct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back