2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not watched Plymouth play, but the Steven Schumacher shout of a new manager looks to be a good one to me.

Just got them promoted and a very good record as both coach and manager.
I have , a lot, as they are my bithplace team.

Very technical tactically astute young manager but no where near ready for the madness of Everton yet.

In his first full season as a manager he's taken Argyle to the Championship with 31 wins and 101 points , some achievement when your rivals Ipswich , Sheff Wed , Derby , Barnsley etc have 3 or 4 times your budget.

Very unusual formation 3421 ( with 2 no10's and wingbacks ) , possesion based game would have some of the Goodison faithful tearing their hair out. The system / personnel needs refinement for the Championship as they concede far too many goals but no doubt in my mind that if he continues his develoment he could manage Everton in a couple of years time

I was happy with dyche and impressed by his initial results and straight talking.

However, we’ve been awful recently and had so many chances to pull away.

Way too conservative at Leicester. Should have brought on subs for a vital win.

He lost me a bit there. Wasnt just that. It was his cocky response to the question the day after.

"i know all about stats and substitutions"

Oh shut up. You're not Sigmund Freud.
Throw on a fresh attacker against tired legs. Its an option every team in the world has used in football since the year dot.

I have , a lot, as they are my bithplace team.

Very technical tactically astute young manager but no where near ready for the madness of Everton yet.

In his first full season as a manager he's taken Argyle to the Championship with 31 wins and 101 points , some achievement when your rivals Ipswich , Sheff Wed , Derby , Barnsley etc have 3 or 4 times your budget.

Very unusual formation 3421 ( with 2 no10's and wingbacks ) , possesion based game would have some of the Goodison faithful tearing their hair out. The system / personnel needs refinement for the Championship as they concede far too many goals but no doubt in my mind that if he continues his develoment he could manage Everton in a couple of years time

Next season for him will be very interesting. If he keeps them up then the following season could be the 'making' of him with a lot of media attention...if he gets them near to the playoffs in the championship.

Still only 39 and just won EFL manager of the season.

I wonder if Moshiri may keep Dyche 12months and if so this chap should be on a list to watch somewhere.

I'm still inclined to reserve judgement on him, in the event we go down, and see what transpires over the summer and if we have a squad capable of being competitive in the top half of The Championship.

I'm mindful of the chaos that might ensue in the summer and difficulties we may have in replacing him also. We will not be an attractive prospect at all.

I see him as being better suited to The Championship than PL so if things are not working out after 15 games then perhaps time to reassess then.

As counter-intuitive as it sounds, I'd be more inclined to seek another manager if he took us back up, and look for someone more progressive then, as harsh as that would be.

I'm still inclined to reserve judgement on him, in the event we go down, and see what transpires over the summer and if we have a squad capable of being competitive in the top half of The Championship.

I'm mindful of the chaos that might ensue in the summer and difficulties we may have in replacing him also. We will not be an attractive prospect at all.

I see him as being better suited to The Championship than PL so if things are not working out after 15 games then perhaps time to reassess then.

As counter-intuitive as it sounds, I'd be more inclined to seek another manager if he took us back up, and look for someone more progressive then, as harsh as that would be.

I see it the same way.

Off the field will be a Hiroshima level mess.

On the field Dyche will have to do what he can with very little...which he's done before.

Unless we go into admin

I started his tenure with the belief that if we went down he should still be kept on. My belief at that time was that we had made the change too late and he would have to do well to get us out of this mess. I assumed that other rivals would put together a string of results which would mean he could have to manage a bigger points yield per game and that he would bring a ‘moyes style’ defensive mentality to the team but would maybe just fall short.

What has actually transpired is that our rivals results have been more generous to us than I would have imagined and any defensive resolve he has brought to the team has been less than I would have liked. Looking at his in game management and the above, if we do go down I think he should lose his job.

Not watched Plymouth play, but the Steven Schumacher shout of a new manager looks to be a good one to me.

Just got them promoted and a very good record as both coach and manager.
There are a lot of very good things about him as a coach but you need to give him a season or two in the Championship first imo.

If you don’t believe the manager can prosper in the PL why retain him?
Changing styles of play is always problematic and troublesome especially when the manager has been allowed to recruit players specifically for his tactics.
Far better to appoint a manager you believe in and allow him to develop a side capable of achieving more than just surviving in the PL.

He lost me a bit there. Wasnt just that. It was his cocky response to the question the day after.

"i know all about stats and substitutions"

Oh shut up. You're not Sigmund Freud.
Throw on a fresh attacker against tired legs. Its an option every team in the world has used in football since the year dot.
Wasn’t even like he would have been forced to chuck Tom on as a false 9 or something stupid. He actually had the perfect ready made pace might cause problems sub sat right behind him. Gray is an infuriating footballer, but there was a massive Gray shaped hole in that last ten minutes which he chose not to fill in case we conceded and he looked stupid. So much for “I believe in all the players.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back