2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Dyche is the military

Burnley fan here. Look, Dyche did a sensational job for us. Nowhere near as direct and limited as the media made him out to be. You're in a scrap and he'll get 100% from anybody who pulls on that blue shirt. That will serve you well and you might start loving your team again. We finished 7th with Dyche. Had no money for practically his entire tenure. Get behind him.

Has the club actually officially announced him yet??

Untitled.png

I'd like to say "welcome Mr Dyche, good luck," etc. But just like the revolving door of newcomers to the forum that offer the same old arguments under a different name, I've just got "welcome fatigue."

Your right he's achieved nothing outside of Burnley, but he's only had one season of his management career outside of Burnley.

11 career in management 10 at Burnley
I feel like this is meant to be some kind of “gotcha” but really you’re just saying the same thing I said.

He had one style which worked until it didn’t. Most of our recent managers have failed due to a lack of tactical flexibility, among other things. He’ll try Burnleyball here. It’ll fail. We’ll go down. He’ll be out. And it all begins again.

Underrated part of this is we're going to be absolutely diabolical shithouses. Burnley had the ball actually in play less than anyone. Playacting for days. A minute off the clock on every goal kick and throw. It's going to stink.

I know that doesn't matter so much if we actually play well. But we won't so that's going to be an annoying addition.

the ball in play has been an annoying addition this year.

And Thelwell should still have his list that Dyche should add to. He'll also won't shop at Lidl like he did at Burnley.

But don't forget he brought in Defour, Cornet, Ings, Rodriguez, Weghorst, when he could who aren't all yard-dogs to add some football quality to his side's in the past. So this idea he's gonna get a load of snide merchants and 6ft players I can't see happening.

He'll see we need goals and will get something in
Are these players you would be happy for us to sign though? I get that he didn't have a budget but I would struggle to call any of those signings a big success bar maybe Ings.

I'm very curious to see who we end up bringing in. I don't think we will go for a bunch of big slow galoots as the lack of pace in our squad is too obvious to ignore.

Tbh I don't think Dyche has the kind of pull to convince any half decent players to join this mess.

our new assistant manager Ian Woan had quite the left peg on him

One piece of commentary in there says he was a red growing up. So now our manager, assistant manager, DOF and chairman are all reds

Always reminded me of a cheaper version of kevin sheedy. Not just the left foot. Even the way he run.

Can all have thoughts about him is fine but only time will tell how he sets us up and does. Is here now and i am sure he will kno is a big chance for him and to show more from his time at burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.