2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
While that’s true I still think he was outmanaged yesterday.
He failed to reacted to Villa’s increasing threat after half time, when they were clearly getting through our midfield with ease.
I thought he needed to change something but his substitutions came too late.
Ultimately though it’s our inability to score goals which is costing us dearly.
Until and if he can find a way to solve this severe problem ( which was not of his making) our prospects look dire.
Don't disagree but don't see much we can do with that bench I'm hoping Garner can offer something

Yes , Garner is the improbable straw I am also clutching.
I've been clutching that straw since the beginning of the season, but as much as I expect garner could be that missing piece in the centre, that will tidy up the play and progress us forward with a lot more 'Football Intelligence'. We still have that giant problem of putting the ball in the back of the net.

Dyche has already got us creating enough chances to take these games, what he can't do himself though is put the ball in the back of the net...

( Maybe we will get that little swing in our favour soon, where missed chances turn into taken chances. You create enough, some will finally be taken.

Would agree with all of that in fairness, though coady aside I can't complain with how dyche had them playing yesterday. 15 shots on goal and pressed them smartly. I'm banging a drum everyone else has but with recruitment up top we win that game comfortably.
I know and 100% agree there - and that’s not on Dyche.

We have ultimately hired a manager though who, with 10 years of knowledge of how he plays to call on, we’ve managed to fail to get an adequate back up in for the only forward we have that really allows us to play that way to its full extent and finish chances (and in that latter regard Dom hasn’t been great because he’s never been sharp since his injury).

But we can’t afford to throw away any more points. Dyche’s job is that. The ones who have let him down are the same ones that let lampard down too (and he had more than enough failings as a manager anyway)

Why does he keep picking Maupay ? What does he see that all of us do not ?

Maupay pressed well yesterday. Something Simms didn't do particularly well in the game at anfield. It's the only thing that is keeping him ahead of Simms currently.

I think he is more in tune with how he wants to set out as a team. We look our most dangerous when we win the ball high up the pitch and he helps with this. I know strikers are judged on goals and he should have put one away yesterday but I think we would all be saying he had a good game if he had put away a chance and he was inches away from doing it. We go on to win that game if we take the lead so it's incredibly slim margins with that result yesterday.

Don't get me wrong I'm nervous as hell about relegation, but that's 3 out of 4 games that we have looked the better of the 2 sides under Dyche. And even the Liverpool game we had the chances to go ahead. This is something that didn't look even close to possible in the Lampard days. We've given ourselves a good chance of survival as possible with Dyche.

I cannot believe there are people on here criticising Sean Dyche, he was brought in to do a job that is almost impossible and just to add a bit more interest the owner/board sold a forward when we needed to buy a forward. He is trying to win football games with a squad that can’t score.
All managers at all clubs are subject to a rolling appraisal and critique after each game and cumulatively.
It’s not a cult.
Praise and criticism are different sides of the same coin , which side that coin lands on most frequently will inform any coaches future.
We have struggled to score all season and Dyche is being highly paid to find a solution to that problem along with plotting our survival.
It may be a seemingly insurmountable task but that is the challenge he has accepted and his success or failure in rising to that challenge is on what he will be judged at the seasons end.

We are playing better under Dyche, I don't think there is any doubt about that. The obvious let down is the abysmal state of our squad up top. That is down to the DOF and the board, and has been that way since Richy left.

I think Dyche is doing what he can with the squad available.
Agreed. And the fact the team were clapped at the end despite a home loss highlights our loss wasn't from lack of effort or chance creation, just no available striker, and neither Dyche nor the rest of the team are responsible for that. I just hope the continual weakness up front doesn't deflate the squad for the run in.

I cannot believe there are people on here criticising Sean Dyche, he was brought in to do a job that is almost impossible and just to add a bit more interest the owner/board sold a forward when we needed to buy a forward. He is trying to win football games with a squad that can’t score.
It's borderline miraculous he has 2 wins from 4 tbf

Don’t think anyone can be serious if they are having ago at dyche. We have created more chances in 4 games than Lampard did with the same players in half a season. Problem we are know is we have no forwards or midfielders who can score. It’s an impossible task for me personally. The planning needs to start now for life in championship from player recruitment and sales and change at boardroom and executive level. We must must come straight back up. Dyche must remain in charge unless we implode from now till end of the season. Whole club from top to bottom needs restructuring.

Status
Not open for further replies.