2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like exactly what Bielsa told us to be fair

Your squad is crap, I ain't managing it; you need to bin all your players and i'll drill the youngsters because they'll actually listen

The man could see in to the future
Funny enough a few of us were talking about this yesterday, i pilloried him but he was right . The fella saw what was coming and told the board I’ll have you ready to come back up by building . As you say the bloke wasn’t wrong

We dont have to stick with Dyche and we absolutely should not stick with Dyche

If you can find a template of another team in the exact same situation, on and off the pitch, that reinvented themselves by getting in some new up and coming gaffer...then let me know.

Our situation is the same as Portsmouth, QPR, Leeds, Coventry, Derby.

The only two clubs I can think of in similar situation were Villa and Sheff United who got in Dean Smith and Chris Wilder. And Villa got taken over to get them out of the mire.

For it to success you're talking a revamp. From owner, board, staff, management, and players.

That isn't going to happen any time soon

As posted above, I don't blame Dyche for the situation we're in. But let's not forget who was keen to take the credit for hiring him in January.

New Everton manager Sean Dyche can "inspire our fanbase", according to chairman Bill Kenwright.

"Kevin and I spent some valuable time with Sean over the past few days," said Kenwright.

"He quickly convinced me that he has exactly the right attributes to make himself a great Everton manager – and a man who could inspire our fanbase.

"And Farhad felt the same when he met him, too."

I just think there’s players in this team who train all week one way and then when they cross the white line just can’t cope at playing professional football to a decent standard. Manager after manager has mentioned it. I just don’t think Dyche expects the sort of basic mistakes that Everton players make over and over again when it comes to match days. We can say play someone else but it’s most of them.

The unforgiveable one is Keane because it’s a known quantity that he’s a walking disaster. But I bet Godfrey Holgate Iwobi Gueye Gray etc probably all look fairly solid in training, quick hard working. Then you put them out on the field on a match day and they can’t pass or control a ball and Godfrey can’t even defend a simple one v one.
I don't disagree, but it's still disappointing. I think Dyche may have been too expansive with this group of players, as strange as it sounds. Because it is more likely that the opponent will score when we have the ball than when they have the ball themselves.

However, with new owners, new decision makers, I don't think Dyche is the man they will bet on. His chance consists in saving the PL place, which is more and more unthinkable, or that there are no new owners.

The players he had at Leeds were/are championship quality
Yes, and the job he did there was fantastic. The point was that they knew they weren't great footballers, but through hard work they could make the most of their potential. Unfortunately, our players do not have that self-awareness.

Dyche has got us more points than we would have under Lampard. But clearly not enough to get safe. I still think we might have just about made safety had he been here in Nov and with a transfer window.

Our squad is crap. We sold off half (if not more) of our goals in Richarldison and Gordon. Not really sure what else that could have been done this season. We can talk about tactics all day, but ultimately, if your options off the bench are crap then you're still going to get a crap result.

Dyche has got us more points than we would have under Lampard. But clearly not enough to get safe. I still think we might have just about made safety had he been here in Nov and with a transfer window.

Our squad is crap. We sold off half (if not more) of our goals in Richarldison and Gordon. Not really sure what else that could have been done this season. We can talk about tactics all day, but ultimately, if your options off the bench are crap then you're still going to get a crap result.
Based on what? Dyche has a worse PPG than him at the back end of last season and the same PPG as his entire tenure and by the end of the season will probably end up with a similar PPG to his record in the first half of this season. If we hadn’t collapsed the Danjuma deal by sacking him we would at least have had a player who can score goals.

Been given an impossible job thanks to the Tory shyster but he isn't doing himself any favours picking Godfrey over Patterson.

I dont hate Keane but when fit Mina is the better CB.

If you can find a template of another team in the exact same situation, on and off the pitch, that reinvented themselves by getting in some new up and coming gaffer...then let me know.

Our situation is the same as Portsmouth, QPR, Leeds, Coventry, Derby.

The only two clubs I can think of in similar situation were Villa and Sheff United who got in Dean Smith and Chris Wilder. And Villa got taken over to get them out of the mire.

For it to success you're talking a revamp. From owner, board, staff, management, and players.

That isn't going to happen any time soon

Burnley? They sold most of the rubbish that Dyche had brought in, brought in an up and coming manager in Kompany and are doing pretty well. Their financial situation was dire as well.

Everton need to bin Dyche cos he's shown he can't manage a game or spot when things need changing, bin as many players as they can offload and start again with a younger squad.

This is all true. I'm from Plymouth and still follow them closely.
They play superb football on a miniscule budget. They actually have an unusual formation 3421 with two no10s and wing backs.
He is a bit of a tinkerman when it comes to selection but generally plays square pegs in square holes.
However this is his first full season as a manager and whilst at Plymouth he has the fullest possible backing of the board , players and fans you would have to be concerned about such an inexperienced manager taking the reins at Goodison at this point in time.
He is a massive blue and undoubtedly a manger to keep your eye on in the future.

He seems to have been a success in coaching and management in his short career.

if we sack dyche then that is a damning indictment on how the club is run - short term knee jerk-ism.

If hes rubbish...hes rubbish. Id have already sacked him.

Load of rubbish. Hes worse than Lampard.

Based on what? Dyche has a worse PPG than him at the back end of last season and the same PPG as his entire tenure and by the end of the season will probably end up with a similar PPG to his record in the first half of this season. If we hadn’t collapsed the Danjuma deal by sacking him we would at least have had a player who can score goals.

100% should have kept Lampard and used the money spent on managers/staff on a forward.

Been given an impossible job thanks to the Tory shyster but he isn't doing himself any favours picking Godfrey over Patterson.

I dont hate Keane but when fit Mina is the better CB.

2 good comments there destroyed by a pathetic one.

Status
Not open for further replies.