2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a massive regression, because our squad is bare bones and we've basically one way of playing and that involved Doucoure. Blame recruitment for the thin squad and the fact he's now under pressure having amassed 26 pts and had 10 taken away due to no fault of his own.
How can you blame a thin squad, the only players that wasn`t playing that is mostly used by Dyche is Pickford, he was on the bench, Coleman and Doucoure.

I guess what you mean is Dyche can`t come up with a solution to Doucoure missing, Coleman was missing when we were doing well so I don`t accept that he makes all that much difference. The bench was Pickford, Lonergan, Godfrey, Young, Keane, Hunt, Dobbin, Chermiti and Danjuma.

Who else who usually starts was missing?

How can you blame a thin squad, the only players that wasn`t playing that is mostly used by Dyche is Pickford, he was on the bench, Coleman and Doucoure.

I guess what you mean is Dyche can`t come up with a solution to Doucoure missing, Coleman was missing when we were doing well so I don`t accept that he makes all that much difference. The bench was Pickford, Lonergan, Godfrey, Young, Keane, Hunt, Dobbin, Chermiti and Danjuma.

Who else who usually starts was missing?
The stats don't lie that when Doucoure doesn't play, we don't win. And that's been under Dyche, Lampard, Rafael, and Carlo. That's a recruitment issue.

It was a massive regression, because our squad is bare bones and we've basically one way of playing and that involved Doucoure. Blame recruitment for the thin squad and the fact he's now under pressure having amassed 26 pts and had 10 taken away due to no fault of his own.
Doucoure being injured is down to the manager as well.

On his comeback from injury he was tired in the 1st half, absurdly [Poor language removed] after an hour and he played the full 90.

He had Gomes, Dobbin & Chermiti sat behind him in the bench against an opponent were a loss wouldn’t have harmed us.

Exactly this.

These are professional footballers, they haven’t been recruited from Rugby Union. They can all play football to some extent, we don’t have patterns of play.

He talks about set pieces being a strength but we are one of the worst in the league for them now having conceded 6 goals from corners in the past 6 weeks.
Correct. We actually do not have any style of play. It’s all just a group of players running round a bit, some a bit more than others. The worse thing is the complete lack of effort and passion. Even below average players can do that

It has been well and truly proven since that winning run was a fluke brought on by the points deduction announcement, since those 4 games we have been dreadful and won 1 in 8.....

I can`t back a manager that sits and accept the team losing without having a go and trying to change the game. Edwards made 5 subs to go and win the game whilst Dyche either didn`t have the ability to see how he could change it or was not willing to do it. Both scenarios are just as bad in my opinion.

Edwards has schooled Dyche twice this season and Im worried going to Luton later in the season, we could go down at Luton!
Nothing has been proven 🤣
If you want you can say that when Doucoure gets injured we don’t seem to have a plan B?
Other than that we had league defeats to City and Spurs which were very unlucky with poor refereeing in both, one horrific performance against Wolves and one very well ground out point against Villa who would’ve gone top with a win.
I couldn’t care less about these cups sadly, we’re not winning anything until we have a better squad.

I am nervous we don’t seem to be able to transition as well without Doucoure but other than that I’m not concerned about our survival in the slightest.

Doucoure being injured is down to the manager as well.

On his comeback from injury he was tired in the 1st half, absurdly [Poor language removed] after an hour and he played the full 90.

He had Gomes, Dobbin & Chermiti sat behind him in the bench against an opponent were a loss wouldn’t have harmed us.
Was his other leg that was injured though. That's not agrevating an injury.

The stats don't lie that when Doucoure doesn't play, we don't win. And that's been under Dyche, Lampard, Rafael, and Carlo. That's a recruitment issue.
The manager has to come up with a solution... We`ve seen Harrison in the 10 and Gomes did well there, what about giving Dobbin, McNeil or Danjuma in that role, We can`t just keep sacrificing games because Doucoure is injured, he might opt to go to Saudi and in that case we may as well pack up!

Nah.

When we had the likes of Digne, Richarlison, Sigurdsson, Rodriguez... Even Walcott - players who topped our chances created charts, we had players who could play on the front foot.

We are what we are now. 12th is as good as we can expect with this squad - and that's where we are without that deduction.

People saying we should be better than our results this season must have forgot the last 3 years.
And we still had fans saying the free flowing football that had us top was wrong, demanding we were more negative. We did it and fell down the table.

The bold point is very very debatable. We rallied after the deduction and without it I’d say we would be probably exactly where we are now. Still scrapping relegation.

If we get another 10 point deduction, i imagine we will rally to the point where we are just back to scrapping relegation again.

If we get points back then I can still see us scrapping against the drop.

It is where dyche is comfortable.

He got Burnley into Europe by being allowed to spend a small amount building a squad mate, he’s already been better than he is at the moment.
It wasn`t consistent though was it, it was a stand out season, he doesn`t have very many on his CV...

What we are seeing now is what it will be like, he hasn`t changed the style at all and I don`t think he intends to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back