2023/24 Sean Dyche

We’ve been prioritising survival for at least 20years now.
In the process the Everton I started watching in the 60s has gradually dissipated and vanished.
We are generally viewed as an irrelevant club , expected to finish somewhere mid table usually playing a form of limited football.
I stress this precedes Dyche by decades , he is just the latest in line of ‘survival’ managers.
Personally I feel as long we continue we prioritiise survival over everything else we will never recover what we have lost.
We have become a cowardly club , desperate to retain our top league status at all costs.
Football should be about the pursuit of excellence with ambition and risk.
Everton have ossified into a nothing club and that is a betrayal of the traditions of this once great and storied club.
But it remains an excuse for a few beers with family and friends every couple of weeks so that’s ok , right ?

The last two managers and the past 7 years in particular with moshri is as shambolic as i have seen. That isnt just about fixing. It was about stopping it.

We are such an attractive proposition and in such demand that our last 3 managers have been Benitez, Lampard and Dyche, the reason for that is that it is only that level of manager who wanted the job, it's a poisoned chalice. If we sack Dyche we will have then option of an unproven coach, who in all probability would be consumed by the circus that is Everton, or, a journeyman pragmatist, like Dyche, who will try to grind sufficient points out to stay up, whilst simultaneously making our eyes bleed with the type of football on offer. We may as well stick with the journeyman we have and save then expense of sacking him and his team.

As soon as our position off the field is looking healthier, then yes, at that point line a successor up, discus a budget with him and then boot Dyche as far as we can. Until then I don't think changing manager will improve things.

the club doesn’t know if it’s coming or going

we
aren’t changing managers now

Nobody is saying change now,we know that’s very unlikely to happen,
most people who want change, want it in the summer.
There surely will be some conversations though if this bad run continues, we don’t win for another 2/3 games and don’t get many points back, then they may bite the bullet.
Rumours of moshiri being more involved the last few weeks than he has been in a while . He knows relegation will cost him fortunes

I'm not a fan of his style of play but he has taken over a team which have survived 2 seasons by the skin of their teeth, had wasted half billion quid on who knows what, had no real money to spend, a squad which was disliked by the fans (Bournemouth away for example), star player sold a few months before he joined, club directors don't come to the matches for their own safety, points deducted etc etc. Yet, we have won 31 points, so far this season. Perhaps this is a bit Rose tinted I admit but to say he is a main issue at the club seems a bit far fetched to me.

Nobody is saying change now,we know that’s very unlikely to happen,
most people who want change, want it in the summer.
There surely will be some conversations though if this bad run continues, we don’t win for another 2/3 games and don’t get many points back, then they may bite the bullet.
Rumours of moshiri being more involved the last few weeks than he has been in a while . He knows relegation will cost him fortunes

moshiri being involved? he wants out what’s they’re to get involved about?

i agree mate in some ways when do we draw the line if we can go down?

do we keep him and hope he keeps us up

it seems this mate but who knows and again who decides or chooses 777 mosh?

nobody is leading us other then dyche

I haven’t any names, because I don’t really follow European football, some good young managers in the championship. I just want to see us play fast attacking football and be on the front foot. Going after teams, especially at home, obviously it’s not as black and white as that, as you will have to change your tactics v a Liverpool or city. And good managers can do that. Dyche has one way whether it’s city away or Doncaster away.

He’s so stuck in the dark ages, he ain’t changing and I find it mad some of our fans actually think he will
Honestly i dont kno if he will i want him to have chance i just dont kno who we could get who would do better at this time. Just feel we need atleast a base

Because for the last two seasons we've looked nailed on for relegation and survived by hook or by crook. I dont want to see the club relegated.
Again I ask why ?
What is the point of survival for survivals sake ?
What are we actually so desperate to survive for?
To continue watching negative football ?
Because the club has lost the stomach for anything better ?
We have been relegated twice before , yet we are still here.
Actual relegation hasn’t damaged Everton as much as the fear of relegation has.
That’s very ironic when you consider it .

Again I ask why ?

if you think relegation in any format is good your a lunatic

it ends us

Again I ask why ?

We were relegated 70 odd years ago.
Ive already explained it. Because its tougher to build from the championship.

We were relegated 70 odd years ago.
Ive already explained it. Because its tougher to build from the championship.
So we are faced with the continued decline of our club in situ ?
Afraid to be bold ?
Afraid to be positive ?
Afraid to take chances ?
Sport should be about the pursuit of excellence!
Not the acceptance of failure .
We have become a club afraid to compete for fear of losing.
No risk no gain .

So we are faced with the continued decline of our club in situ ?
Afraid to be bold ?
Afraid to be positive ?
Afraid to take chances ?
Sport should be about the pursuit of excellence!
Not the acceptance of failure .
We have become a club afraid to compete for fear of losing.
No risk no gain .

And the alternative is to get relegated and take our chances?
Far better staying up and then going from there.
There is another story about the way football is now. 80% of this league doesnt compete. And with FFP now its likely never to be allowed.
Id still rather not get relegated thanks.