2023/24 Sean Dyche

Like I’ve just posted a load on here, probably you included say Lampard was useless and one of our worst ever managers. But you then use him as justification that this group can’t play football

No. I used it as watching most of them including and before lampard. This forum for the past few years have acknowledged how many technically poor players recruited.

But in my view, the circumstances dictate the pragmatism of football we're seeing.

The objective is to stay in the league.

Mid table is the best we can hope for with this team, and he's got us in that mix. If we had some decent creativity/attackers, and we were still playing as we are then I wouldn't pull punches.

He's clearly not infallible - I mean, we're on our longest streak since 1994 without a win, and our form/points since mid December is the joint worst in the league and very much relegation form but all considered, he's done a fantastic job.

Needs to start picking up results though otherwise we get into panic stations to stay up and "could another manager get us over the line" territory
But the intrinsic existential problem with dyche , is that even in a scenario we had creative dynamic attacking players he wouldn't use them primarily or would set them up in a such way for defensive purposes it would hinder their ability to attack. I think hes done solid work so far but as you mentioned there's a clear ceiling that he will never transcend.

same old players same old football

but dyche obvs points robbed and missing chances

has been better then fat boy and lampard
DCL was missing sitters for Lampard as were others like iwobi and gray and Gordon. But he’s crap and thats fair enough.

All the teams we play have just as many chances as us, plenty have more, it’s like if only we’d took that chance or this chance, I’m sure palace fans said the same last week, Fulham fans the week before that.

Must have imagined us going away to a Brentford and looking like the home team, or battering Bournemouth at Goodison, how many passes was it before the Beto goal against Newcastle? It must have been a mirage when we went away to Emery's Villa and were the first team to do them over this season, or going to Burnley and absolutely battering them for 90 minutes. I must have dreamt going down to ten men v Spurs and absolutely putting our foot down against their 11 until we equalised, or slotting through balls away at Chelsea and Crystal Palace in the final minutes for key goals, or scoring 5 at the best team in the world when they were flying and we were rock bottom.

Not bad for a dinosaur who just hoofs it up and can’t coach any passing football or attacking play whatsoever.

It is possible to acknowledge he's doing a decent job, given the circumstances but critic his horrific hoofball football. They are different things.

He's by far the main problem at the club but he's not untouchable like some make out on here

He's brought a bit of stability to the club given all the off field stuff. But on the pitch is horrific.

Im not having these players cant play simple passes. When you see teams with League 1 players managing to pass and move, then see our fans say these players we have dont have the quality, it doesnt wash.

Its Dycheball, simple as. If we were comfortably 10th with no prospect of relegation, or were fighting for 6th we would be playing the same style.

I'd like to see him go at the end of the season before we sell Onana/Branthwaite to sign more cloggers

Must have imagined us going away to a Brentford and looking like the home team, or battering Bournemouth at Goodison, how many passes was it before the Beto goal against Newcastle? It must have been a mirage when we went away to Emery's Villa and were the first team to do them over this season, or going to Burnley and absolutely battering them for 90 minutes. I must have dreamt going down to ten men v Spurs and absolutely putting our foot down against their 11 until we equalised, or slotting through balls away at Chelsea and Crystal Palace in the final minutes for key goals, or scoring 5 at the best team in the world when they were flying and we were rock bottom.

Not bad for a dinosaur who just hoofs it up and can’t coach any passing football or attacking play whatsoever.
He has demonstrated that he can play more speedy direct non hoofing counter attacking football earlier this season but he has completely regressed to actual hoofball the last couple of games due to him trying to be pragmatic but it actually has cost us points. Why did we set up defensively against a crystal palace without a manager and 4 of their best players injured?

But the intrinsic existential problem with dyche , is that even in a scenario we had creative dynamic attacking players he wouldn't use them primarily or would set them up in a such way for defensive purposes it would hinder their ability to attack. I think hes done solid work so far but as you mentioned there's a clear ceiling that he will never transcend.

I mean you're sort of sentencing him there for something he's never really had. and very unlikely to get here at Everton for a while.

Are the voices telling you what Sean Dyche's intentions would be, with players we haven't actually got, in the room with you right now, Curtis?

I mean you're sort of sentencing him there for something he's never really had. and very unlikely to get here at Everton for a while.
I know at burnley and even here the options have been limited you're telling me if Richie was still here he wouldn't have him doubling back to secure things defensively, then emphasizing Richie's attacking traits?

Are the voices telling you what Sean Dyche's intentions would be, with players we haven't actually got, in the room with you right now, Curtis?
It's called history he's never utilized creative players on a regular basis. His budget was very scant at burnley but he basically oversaw recruitment there during his time , so he could of brought in more creative players if he wanted to

He's brought a bit of stability to the club given all the off field stuff. But on the pitch is horrific.

Im not having these players cant play simple passes. When you see teams with League 1 players managing to pass and move, then see our fans say these players we have dont have the quality, it doesnt wash.

Its Dycheball, simple as. If we were comfortably 10th with no prospect of relegation, or were fighting for 6th we would be playing the same style.

I'd like to see him go at the end of the season before we sell Onana/Branthwaite to sign more cloggers

Tbh mate why havent they done it then. Not just under dyche. We havent bought technically good players for quite a while. Doucoure has his game. But he for the majoirty of the time cant handle any sort of possession game. We've just bought beto. Christ he looks like a new born calf trying to stand up for the first time.
I dont even think its an opinion. Its been years of observing. We never ever pin teams in by keeping the ball.

No. I used it as watching most of them including and before lampard. This forum for the past few years have acknowledged how many technically poor players recruited.
Most of this group have only been together 2 years. Rafael only had DCL, Pickford of the regular starters. Godfrey, Coleman and Keane have hardly played. So you’re wrong