2023/24 Sean Dyche

Yes he some tracking back but not to degree that dyche has mcneil or Harrison track back , he actually present in the opposing team's box to have opportunities to score

I think its called working hard for the team to close down. Man city players worked as hard as anyone pressing and chasing. The difference is when they get it the team is packed with far better players technically to accompany the closing down.

He has demonstrated that he can play more speedy direct non hoofing counter attacking football earlier this season but he has completely regressed to actual hoofball the last couple of games due to him trying to be pragmatic but it actually has cost us points. Why did we set up defensively against a crystal palace without a manager and 4 of their best players injured?

While I don't agree with what he did in that game...I think there's more pragmatism at home that he needs to find a way through.

Our home form is generally poor but that's not entirely down to playing badly but more down to putting teams away. Fulham, Wolves, Luton we absolutely battered

Losses to City, Arsenal you take.

But we did turn over Chelsea and Newcastle (far superior sides than us).

I just think until we have a killer instinct, he's always gonna be slightly cautious.

The recruitment was even incredibly flawed under Martinez beyond his first transfer window after we signed Barry, Mccarthy and rom

True. The time frame is open to argument but we've bought diabolically for years. Wasted so much dough on poor players that should have been a fraction of what we payed.

Evertons recruitment has been diabolical for the past 7 or 8 years when moshri came in. Or have you been on the moon.
Don’t move the goalposts. You said this group were technically bad before Lampard. When most Weren’t here. Im
Not talking about our recruiting,
Taking about everyone’s saying this group can’t play football, look when Lampard tried that and then telling us Lampard was a terrible mananger one of our worst. So
It makes no difference what style he played,
Because he was crap

Don’t move the goalposts. You said this group were technically bad before Lampard. When most Weren’t here. Im
Not talking about our recruiting,
Taking about everyone’s saying this group can’t play football, look when Lampard tried that and then telling us Lampard was a terrible mananger one of our worst. So
It makes no difference what style he played,
Because he was crap

You're just going around in circles now. We've had crap players before during and after lampard. I thought you would have been bright enough to pick up on that.

The difference with Dyche to previous managers like Koeman Silva Benitez Lampard is that I always expect him to get a result from somewhere, even if it’s a scrappy point, he keeps the show on the road.

Last season it arguably kept us up as when other teams were losing five or six in a row we were picking up the odd points here and there

He never ever looks as though he’s lost the dressing room or will never get a performance out of the players again which is the territory all those other managers found themselves in when they were fired.

Last edited:

Must have imagined us going away to a Brentford and looking like the home team, or battering Bournemouth at Goodison, how many passes was it before the Beto goal against Newcastle? It must have been a mirage when we went away to Emery's Villa and were the first team to do them over this season, or going to Burnley and absolutely battering them for 90 minutes. I must have dreamt going down to ten men v Spurs and absolutely putting our foot down against their 11 until we equalised, or slotting through balls away at Chelsea and Crystal Palace in the final minutes for key goals, or scoring 5 at the best team in the world when they were flying and we were rock bottom.

Not bad for a dinosaur who just hoofs it up and can’t coach any passing football or attacking play whatsoever.
Just make it up if it makes you feel better.
Newcastle was a tight game we scored 3 in the last 10. Yes the last goal was good but it was in injury time and the Newcastle players. Probably just wanted to get off the pitch. Brentford we dersvered to win, but at 1-1 they miss a great chance, could have easily changed. The spurs game it took a worldie from
Keane 25yrds out to get a point, great result but we weren’t knocking the door down

Burnley, a terrible team by the way. We scored 2 from corners. And 2nd half we sat back and seen the game out, we certainly didn’t batter them for 90mins

We beat Villa in the league cup they rested 6 of their best players. One of the best players was playing out of position at left back. I’d rather have got points in the league the month, when we lost 4-0.

Newcastle was a tight game we scored 3 in the last 10. Yes the last goal was good but it was in injury time and the Newcastle players. Probably just wanted to get off the pitch. Brentford we dersvered to win, but at 1-1 they miss a great chance, could have easily changed. The spurs game it took a worldie from
Keane 25yrds out to get a point, great result but we weren’t knocking the door down

Burnley, a terrible team by the way. We scored 2 from corners. And 2nd half we sat back and seen the game out, we certainly didn’t batter them for 90mins

We beat Villa in the league cup they rested 6 of their best players. One of the best players was playing out of position at left back. I’d rather have got points in the league the month, when we lost 4-0.

So basically some on the forum throw a binary argument out that he’s a dinosaur that only hoofs it, isn’t positive, and can’t coach attacking play

I then refute this with games where that hasn’t happened

There’s apparently an individual excuse for each of those times but all the games we’ve lost definitely prove that he is a tactically inept dinosaur

How convenient for your agenda

Kin hell. Man city were clinging on for the points at the weekend away to bournemouth. Its football.

It's called history he's never utilized creative players on a regular basis. His budget was very scant at burnley but he basically oversaw recruitment there during his time , so he could of brought in more creative players if he wanted to
The point still stands, you have no idea what he would do, even if we were in a more favourable financial position. You're just guessing, based, I suspect, on the styles of play we've seen here and at Burnley, two premier league clubs with fairly limited financial resources and fighting for their PL status.