2023/24 Sean Dyche

Potter got Brighton to 9th after 2 years of changing Chris houghtons dog and duck side. And now Brighton are seen as a brilliant run top half prem team. Proof in the pudding of what can happen when you
Have a plan.
And not just accept [Poor language removed] football and and praying you finish 17th in the league.

We also ain’t winning games 3 wins at home all
Season or had that escaped your notice

Last season 17th.
This season currently + 6pts 13th

Go up by the same rate next season 9th.

Nice talking with you.

Spins stats a lot of ways to make things sound like it's a panic.

1 win in 13 - Palace (fa cup)

Or

Lost 6 in 13 - Spurs, City (2), Wolves, Luton (fa cup) Fulham (EFL cup pens)

Drew 6 out 13 - Spurs, Villa, Brighton, Fulham, Palace (2 +fa cup).

1 win.

46% drawn. 46% loss. 8% won.

Out of those 13 games only arguably 7 (Palace 2, Luton, Fulham 2, Brighton, Wolves) games were "on paper" winnable. 4 of them were away.

We won 1. Lost 3 (one on pens). Drew 2.

The remaining 6 games where we're not expected to win....Spurs (2), City (2), Brighton, Villa.

We lost 3 and drew 3.

Almost 50% of games we're getting points.

*Throws fishing rod.
It's really a thing of life approach, for some the glass is half empty and others half full. For me the cup games are bonus this season, as we need to make sure to secure prem status at first with all the point deduction stuff and riot around the club.

I think Crystal home should be won, a point away to Brighton is good normally, but considering we were 1 player up, it's frustrating to not win it in retrospective. 2 draws against top 5 sides are bonus.

Tbh, the only 1 really devastating game was Wolves away, not to lose it, because they are strong at their ground and have better squad on paper, but the performance was really far off.

The recent results could be better and the play in possession and finishing the few chances were not good enough in most of the games. At least we looked well defensively and not both things were worrying as last year in the last few Lampard games with losses against Southampton, Leicester or Bournemouth. Definitely I have a way better feeling than in January 2023 that we will get enough points till May.

our home form has been horrendous for a long time now
Overall not very good this season, but the remaining fixtures are West Ham, Sheffield, Forest, Brentford, Liverpool and Burnley. On paper a good chance to sort it out, which would be very crucial, myb except Liverpool. Wasn't satisfying against Crystal, but also played Spurs, Villa and City, which are top 5 sides, but got at least 2 points there.

You can add the cup as well as not satisfying, but in the end league is way more important this season.

It's really a thing of life approach, for some the glass is half empty and others half full. For me the cup games are bonus this season, as we need to make sure to secure prem status at first with all the point deduction stuff and riot around the club.

I think Crystal home should be won, a point away to Brighton is good normally, but considering we were 1 player up, it's frustrating to not win it in retrospective. 2 draws against top 5 sides are bonus.

Tbh, the only 1 really devastating game was Wolves away, not to lose it, because they are strong at their ground and have better squad on paper, but the performance was really far off.

The recent results could be better and the play in possession and finishing the few chances were not good enough in most of the games. At least we looked well defensively and not both things were worrying as last year in the last few Lampard games with losses against Southampton, Leicester or Bournemouth. Definitely I have a way better feeling than in January 2023 that we will get enough points till May.

Exactly.

And I love to find the hypocrisy on stats to suit agendas.