2023/24 Sean Dyche

The slap is genuine and is a level 1000 tactic from our modern pioneering manager.

Slap a person that everyone likes and watch the group galvanise against a common enemy… top management from a coach that is years ahead of his generation …..

Beating people up at dinners will be taught in managerial text books in the not to distant future .

I agree that he had lethal high-scoring finishers all the years that we don't have. Our finishing is the worst in the league this season true. We did better when we pressed, but we play too anxiously in most of our games.

They had a lot of success over the years, so there was no reason to change as it worked. The team stayed together and was used to each other for a couple of seasons. Around 2017/2018 the upheaval came, as many of them left due to retirement and age. It started to crack a bit, especially offensively scoring around 50-55 goals all season, but the defence still worked pretty well, with 25 goals conceded till 2020.

This peaked in 19/20 when Atletico went on a lot of draws, ending most games on 1:1 or 0:0. He was questioned by the media, they were around 8th in the table, about to miss CL for the first time in a full season of Simeone. He had fan/board support all the time but was about to step down.

So basically he changed as his last resort because his old system didn't as before and was forced, it worked out well for them since then to have more approaches.

Imagine where Everton would be in the table with a couple of the super Atletico forwards.

Imagine where Everton would be in the table with a couple of the super Atletico forwards.
Imagine where Everton would be in the table with a Manager like Diego Simeone.

I watched his team the other day, he had Depay up top, with Witsel in midfield.

Hes an excellent Manager and his name has no business being mentioned in this thread.

Hes an excellent Manager and his name has no business being mentioned in this thread.
He has a huge budget and a coherent squad though.
I also think that Simeone, of all managers, would not be beyond slapping his players around in anger rather than jest.

The slap is genuine and is a level 1000 tactic from our modern pioneering manager.

Slap a person that everyone likes and watch the group galvanise against a common enemy… top management from a coach that is years ahead of his generation …..

Beating people up at dinners will be taught in managerial text books in the not to distant future .
Masterclass part II

I don‘t know how we ended up comparing us 11-15) prem team to a 2x title winning la liga team, all possible titles in Spain winners, 2CL finalist, EL winner and just recently knock outer of Inter (top 3 inform team in Europe) and current 1/4 finalist in CL, yearly Cl qualifier.

Defence first and 4-4-2 as prefered, that‘s all you can compare with Dyche/Simeone.

I don‘t know how we ended up comparing us 11-15) prem team to a 2x title winning la liga team, all possible titles in Spain winners, 2CL finalist, EL winner and just recently knock outer of Inter (top 3 inform team in Europe).

Defence first and 4-4-2 as prefered, that‘s all you can compare with Dyche/Simeone.
Indeed, Big Sam would be the most logical comparison.

But even Big Sam does it better than Dyche.

Indeed, Big Sam would be the most logical comparison.

But even Big Sam does it better than Dyche.
Could be. We will never know how Dyche would have done 17/18 and Alladyce with 23/24 squad. I just hate such comparisons.

It's a bit like saying, if we didn't do 100s of mistakes after Moyes, we wouldn't still be a team in the top 8.

I don‘t know how we ended up comparing us 11-15) prem team to a 2x title winning la liga team, all possible titles in Spain winners, 2CL finalist, EL winner and just recently knock outer of Inter (top 3 inform team in Europe) and current 1/4 finalist in CL, yearly Cl qualifier.

Well under very different but difficult circumstances both managers took over with a defence first approach.

Simeone inherited a good team, Dyche did not.

Simeone was able to count on goalscorers which enabled his approach to be clinical.

Dyche has no goalscorers. While his approach creates a lot of chances (as Simeones did) the difference being one team won games due to the tight defence and finishers.

The other is struggling due to an inability to score goals.

Add two high calibre attackers and perhaps we see far better results.