2023/24 Sean Dyche

People said the same about Ancelotti, but at times we were very kack. Lo and behold we then went backward every year since he left, this one aside.

The thing is, we just haven't got a very good squad and we're still having to sell our best players. Now, whilst there are undoubtedly better managers than the gravelly voiced head slapper, we will still have several players in and around the first team, who, probably shouldn't be anywhere near a PL first XI. Now at PL level, in my opinion, the quality of the squad is the over riding factor. If we keep selling our best players and failing to recruit like for like, then it matters not who is in charge.
I think thats rubbish im afraid mate.

We have a team full of International players, the majority of players have played at the highest tier of football all their careers.

No, we are not Manchester City, but our first 11 really isnt as bad as some would like others to believe.

Dyche is underperforming massively with this group of players, given our current form.

As I keep saying, if Dyche isnt a factor on whether we can win football games, then why the hell is he still our manager and getting paid 5million a year?

I'd love to see Simeone at Everton. If only to see some fellas here wanting him gone after 3 months, because we're still kack.

Some pleb would start a ‘do you think we should have hired Potter’ thread the first time we dropped points and didn’t score.

I almost want to hire Potter just so we can get the crash and burn over with and burn him out of the Everton consciousness.

We have a team full of International players, the majority of players have played at the highest tier of football all their careers.

No, we are not Manchester City, but our first 11 really isnt as bad as some would like others to believe.

Dyche is underperforming massively with this group of players, given our current form.

As I keep saying, if Dyche isnt a factor on whether we can win football games, then why the hell is he still our manager and getting paid 5million a year?

You think my post was rubbish? Sound. I will ask to share your crack pipe, as I comment on yours...

The highest tier of football to me means the quarters, semis or final of the World Cup, Euros or Champions league. We've only had Pickford in and around that level, unless I am mistaken? I am struggling to think of any players, except maybe Young, who has any CL experience whatsoever, and that was about 300 years ago.

Aside from Pickford, we have Branthwaite, Tarkowski, and maybe Myko, as the only players getting near any first XI in the top half of the league and that's why we are in the bottom half.

To answer your final question, Dyche is our manager because he has some experience of keeping weak squads in the PL. That's it. That's his remit. Points deductions aside, he's done what has been asked, certainly much better than the past 2 managers.

Im sorry, but I really cant take anything you post seriously after this.

Have a splendid day.
"We have a team full of International players, the majority of players have played at the highest tier of football all their careers." (Aside from Myko then....)

Make your mind up son?

I think our first eleven is mid-table, but our depth is horrible, our wings especially.

Everything under 15th is underachieving, everything over 11th overachieving. That's what I expect this squad to land in a normal season.

If you want to know what 10 teams I see better than us.

City, Liverpool, M Utd, Arsenal, Brighton, Newcastle, West Ham, Villa, Spurs, Chelsea

Then it's: Fulham, Wolves, Palace, Brentford, us on a pretty similar level.

Latest form is very underperforming with 5 points in 11 games. Didn't expect us to win a lot till Spurs home from Christmas, but that's worrying and not good enough.

I think our first eleven is mid-table, but our depth is horrible, our wings especially.

Everything under 15th is underachieving, everything over 11th overachieving. That's what I expect this squad to land in a normal season.

If you want to know what 10 teams I see better than us.

City, Liverpool, M Utd, Arsenal, Brighton, Newcastle, West Ham, Villa, Spurs, Chelsea

Then it's: Fulham, Wolves, Palace, Brentford, us on a pretty similar level.
I think this squad is good enough for around 12th.

So factor in the points deduction we arent a mile off.

But I dont believe this team is that bad that it cant win a game in 3 months.

10 games left, 30 points on offer, lets hope we can string another 4 wins together and then take it from there.

I think this squad is good enough for around 12th.

So factor in the points deduction we arent a mile off.

But I dont believe this team is that bad that it cant win a game in 3 months.

10 games left, 30 points on offer, lets hope we can string another 4 wins together and then take it from there.
Nah, definitely not. I would say were on a good way till Christmas with 19 games 26 points, but terrifying since. I knew back then, we wouldn't continue winning 7 out of 10, as we did before that Spurs game on December 23 given the fixtures.

Spurs (2x), Villa, City (2x), Palace (h), Fulham (a), Wolves (a), West Ham (h), Utd (a), Brighton (a).

Definitely not easy, but expected us to win 2 games surely.