2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly the best keeper in the league
Best young CB in the league
Tarkowski is a decent PL quality CB
Gana, Doucoure are both mid table premier league players
Onana is clearly highly rated by far better performing clubs than us
DCL is a top tier striker when fit and on form (doesn’t happen enough)

The team is decent and should be nowhere near relegation.
Mykolenko is statistically one of the defensively best full backs in europe

It wasnt.

When i have praised Doucoure or said i liked him? Dont see what pointing that out has to do with my point on Onana. Are you Belgians all a bit weird?
No just disagree he’s not crap and that’s why top clubs what him and we will be left with James garner

This is a mentality that we need to get out of our heads, and hope that the people who work at the club don’t share it. The going rate for bog standard Premier League footballers is not £25m, it never has been. The absolute idiots at Everton have convinced us it is because they are useless at their jobs. Spending £25m on a player Is a gamble for a club like us, not buying cheap players.

Nearly every bottom half team bought a 2 or 3 players in the 20m mark that failed to light up the premier league or you’d struggle to name. Once they put a few headlines together, or show they can change matches they move above
We got that much for Iwobe, approaching the latter stage of hos careers.
I not sure I have missed your point. All I am saying that anything below that value is likely to be hit or miss, there are no dead certs, just hopefully-kick-on and will-do-a-job

We are not 🙌

He should be more professional but he probably can’t be arsed playing for a manager who wants to play hoofball and for a club who’s only ambition is to survive in the prem and getting coached by the 3 stooges. He will go for 50mil maybe more and this time next year he will be playing in the champions league and for a team trying to win trophies. I’m sure he will
Be devastated to not be playing for Dyche’s Everton
To be honest mate that’s football. We aren’t going to challenging in the next few years, so players move on. No hard feelings if it’s done properly

Nobody mentioned Pickford Gana Branthwaite Mykolenko Or Tarkowski though. I think most people agree on how well they have performed. Onana is crap Doucoure was crap at the back end of the season and is not technically good. DCL is not a top tier striker. Hes decent enough when on form but i wouldnt claim him to be anywhere near top tier.

Once you say Onana is crap your post is void mate. He has 11 caps for the 3 best international team in the world at 22 and was great for them last month v England, up against Rice and Bellingham. How’s he supposed to perform in a team that by passes the midfield most of the time.
Let’s see how he does for a team that wants to play a bit more football.

I didn’t say they were world beaters, but a competent manger should get this group of players around 12th to 15th, so dyche has proved he’s competent
They kind of proved their own point wrong, making them all to be absolutely abysmal (despite having just managed to score enough points to be top 10) and not giving them credit for being as good as they are.

And they named 7 players who play nearly every game which is most of the team.

Nobody mentioned Pickford Gana Branthwaite Mykolenko Or Tarkowski though. I think most people agree on how well they have performed. Onana is crap Doucoure was crap at the back end of the season and is not technically good. DCL is not a top tier striker. Hes decent enough when on form but i wouldnt claim him to be anywhere near top tier.
DCL is a Top tier Striker playing for a bottom tier defensive manager.

…much improved but I think I’d be decent with Branthwaite covering that space behind the way he does. No assists in his time at Everton is really not good enough for a FB.
But he’s not allowed to cross the half way line 90% of the time , so not sure he will get many assists. How many have are right backs got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back