2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
…much improved but I think I’d be decent with Branthwaite covering that space behind the way he does. No assists in his time at Everton is really not good enough for a FB.
None of our fullbacks apart from Patts have this season though, so could be partly down to tactics as well, cause he did grab a couple of goals.

I have heard it said hes probably the 3rd best in the league behind Haaland and the boy Watkins.

I dont tend to listen to idle gossip, but that seems pretty accurate.

He would score 50 goals in a side that attacked.
He wouldnt.

…much improved but I think I’d be decent with Branthwaite covering that space behind the way he does. No assists in his time at Everton is really not good enough for a FB.
I mean Coleman has as many goals as he has assists in his decade+ career with us, and even more so that we don't play with attacking fullbacks currently and likely won't anytime soon, so this isn't an argument.

….its impossible to divorce off-field shambles and points deduction with on-field performance.

Posters were generally fine with the way we were playing until the points deduction, ownership, Board and financial mess kicked in. As Rooney recently said, it’s immensely difficult managing a football team with a points deduction.
I think that anybody who doesn't have an agenda against the manager will realise how difficult this is.

We win a game on Saturday and on Monday you are told that actually you lost that game and for that to happen five times.... admittedly we were given back to of those wins on appeal.

It must be a nightmare for management and players alike.

In addition they were also trying to block out all the uncertainty about the finances of the club..... they still are.

The manager will have very little say about which players stay and which ones may leave, this is a decision made by money men rather than football men.

I think it unlikely we will be adding players to our squad until the takeover issue has been resolved and it is therefore likely that again any additions will not be until after the Euros and more likely late in the transfer window.

I am still stunned that we earned 48 points this season with all that was happening.

I have absolutely no doubt the club is trying to tie Dyche to a long term contract, or will as soon as somebody can make a decision.

Bizarre. A load of old school members basically saying i cant have an opinion and im supposed to be someone else? Fine i will post nothing else and leave you to your veterans love in.

Oh no my friend, I didnt say you couldnt have an opinion, I just said I am not gonna take any notice if it.

Post lots, there are thousands of people on here who will enjoy your posting.
I think that anybody who doesn't have an agenda against the manager will realise how difficult this is.

We win a game on Saturday and on Monday you are told that actually you lost that game and for that to happen five times.... admittedly we were given back to of those wins on appeal.

It must be a nightmare for management and players alike.

In addition they were also trying to block out all the uncertainty about the finances of the club..... they still are.

The manager will have very little say about which players stay and which ones may leave, this is a decision made by money men rather than football men.

I think it unlikely we will be adding players to our squad until the takeover issue has been resolved and it is therefore likely that again any additions will not be until after the Euros and more likely late in the transfer window.

I am still stunned that we earned 48 points this season with all that was happening.

I have absolutely no doubt the club is trying to tie Dyche to a long term contract, or will as soon as somebody can make a decision.
I have a massive agenda against the manager.

But I said after the Derby that he had more than done enough to retain his job.

Ive no issue with giving him another 6 months, seeing how we are doing and then maybe giving him another year or 2.

But doing it now, yeah im not totally a fan about that, but if it happens, oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back