2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it last year - Howe is being massively over rated and was having a purple patch season where everything went right (Martinez 1st season with us).

Gushing over midtable managers like Howe & Potterball is one of the reasons we're in the mess we currently are.
Howe and Potter are a massive step up to Benitez, Lampard and Dyche....

Said it last year - Howe is being massively over rated and was having a purple patch season where everything went right (Martinez 1st season with us).

Gushing over midtable managers like Howe & Potterball is one of the reasons we're in the mess we currently are.

We’d never win another derby ever again whilst Howe was Everton manager. His record is terrible against them.

Howe and Potter are a massive step up to Benitez, Lampard and Dyche....

I don't think they are mate.

Potterball held Brighton back when you look at them under the new fella and he did an awful job at Chelsea. Howe did a decent job at Bournemouth but Dyche achieved europe with Burnley something he failed to do with a bigger budget.

I think when the time comes that Dyche leaves we need a manager with pedigree to come ere - Mancini for me.

I was going to post this, he won`t get much leeway with the ambition the Saudi`s have, good manager and one I championed long ago and got absolute pelters for before he went to Newcastle.... I never get bored of being right, just like some don`t get bored of constantly being wrong.

Sean Dyche in his 22 games now has a WORSE win percentage than Benitez and Lampard, exactly the same PPG as Benitez but he wasn`t deemed not good enough, the only person with a worse win percentage is Mike Walker and he is closing in on that.

Again another manager getting a free pass from the fans who will sleep walk us to the edge of another relegation battle this season, we will stick with him for way too long and give the next guy little chance to stay clear of a relegation battle.

Dyche isn`t good enough for Premier League anymore, proved it the last seasons at Burnley when they deteriorated with his stubborn tactics whilst all other clubs were getting progressive managers, sticking with Dyche too long cost them their PL status.

Bottom line is Dyche isn`t good enough, never was and never will be, out dated manager with out dated tactics which most clubs have moved on from, I think he`ll be gone by Xmas and I hope to god we make a decent apppointment because the last 3 have been utterly woeful.

View attachment 225715
Furthermore Dyche goals conceded per game is 1.68 against Lampards 1.55, we concede more goals under Dyche than we did under Lampard. Let that sink in, most on here were saying "we will be harder to play against" and "we will be organised" before Dyche was appointed, not a view I shared, but those views have completely busted as incorrect.

Can`t wait for the usual crew to come on here saying "Pep couldn`t do a better job" blah blah blah, that saying is complete BS. That saying for the last 3 managers by `supporters` defending rubbish managers doing a rubbish job!

I was going to post this, he won`t get much leeway with the ambition the Saudi`s have, good manager and one I championed long ago and got absolute pelters for before he went to Newcastle.... I never get bored of being right, just like some don`t get bored of constantly being wrong.

Sean Dyche in his 22 games now has a WORSE win percentage than Benitez and Lampard, exactly the same PPG as Benitez but he wasn`t deemed not good enough, the only person with a worse win percentage is Mike Walker and he is closing in on that.

Again another manager getting a free pass from the fans who will sleep walk us to the edge of another relegation battle this season, we will stick with him for way too long and give the next guy little chance to stay clear of a relegation battle.

Dyche isn`t good enough for Premier League anymore, proved it the last seasons at Burnley when they deteriorated with his stubborn tactics whilst all other clubs were getting progressive managers, sticking with Dyche too long cost them their PL status.

Bottom line is Dyche isn`t good enough, never was and never will be, out dated manager with out dated tactics which most clubs have moved on from, I think he`ll be gone by Xmas and I hope to god we make a decent apppointment because the last 3 have been utterly woeful.

View attachment 225715
It’s obvious that the main issue is the playing squad. Three managers there are a mix of defensively minded and possession/front foot minded, yet results have stayed within a bandwidth of consistency. I just think we should be getting more than a point per game average out of the team.

I don't think they are mate.

Potterball held Brighton back when you look at them under the new fella and he did an awful job at Chelsea. Howe did a decent job at Bournemouth but Dyche achieved europe with Burnley something he failed to do with a bigger budget.

I think when the time comes that Dyche leaves we need a manager with pedigree to come ere - Mancini for me.
I agree, someone who will command respect, Mancini I would love but I doubt we are getting him with the amount he is paid in Saudi.

There are plenty still out there, trouble is our club can`t see past the end of their nose...

It’s obvious that the main issue is the playing squad. Three managers there are a mix of defensively minded and possession/front foot minded, yet results have stayed within a bandwidth of consistency. I just think we should be getting more than a point per game average out of the team.
Shockingly a win in our next game doesn`t even get us back to a point per game for this season! If we are to stay clear of relegation and finish mid table this season a point per game should be minimum, if we continue to fall below it Dyche will need a run of wins to catch up and I don`t think he is capable.

Sean Dyche came in to do a job, I said if he keeps us up he has earn`t another go next season, I think that was fair. I wasn`t blown away by him and his tactics last season and he is now proving we should have shook hands and thanked him for the job he did and moved him on.

I would have gone for Ange Postecoglou much earlier but now he has gone to Spurs there is little chance we will see him at Everton... If we got this guy I think we`d get a winning mentality, proven winner and someone that will come to the PL and do wonders. We need to steal a march on these good managers otherwise a Brigton or a Brentford will.

1693734264567.webp

Shockingly a win in our next game doesn`t even get us back to a point per game for this season! If we are to stay clear of relegation and finish mid table this season a point per game should be minimum, if we continue to fall below it Dyche will need a run of wins to catch up and I don`t think he is capable.
Think the next 4 games are crucial to if he stays in job. Arsenal at home, Brentford away, then back to home games against Luton and Bournemouth. Ideally we need 9 points but can’t see it, at the minimum 7 points gets back to a point a game. But we have more tough fixtures after that. So frustrating those home games that have been thrown away.

Sean Dyche came in to do a job, I said if he keeps us up he has earn`t another go next season, I think that was fair. I wasn`t blown away by him and his tactics last season and he is now proving we should have shook hands and thanked him for the job he did and moved him on.

I would have gone for Ange Postecoglou much earlier but now he has gone to Spurs there is little chance we will see him at Everton... If we got this guy I think we`d get a winning mentality, proven winner and someone that will come to the PL and do wonders. We need to steal a march on these good managers otherwise a Brigton or a Brentford will.

View attachment 225718

Gallardo is someone ive wanted for a long long time

He'd transform us.

Wait a minute, you’re calling twice relegated Sean Dyche the ginger Mourinho????

Can’t believe some of our fans will actually continue to back him have they watched the last few games. A point yesterday wasn’t good enough against a side who will be down there with us at this rate. I honestly think the squad could finish between 14th and 11th with the right coaching. If your only tactic against Doncaster Rovers is hit it long and see if you can win second balls you are incapable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back