2023/24 Sean Dyche

Potter can smell the England job. The only Everton smell he's getting is the stench on manure. He'd get fck all out of this Everton squad as most cant string two passes together. And he knows it.
There's more chance of Brian Potter or Harry Potter being named our next manager than there is of the FA ever letting go of their ultimate cuck yes-man.

Point is more that it's been built to play Dyche football, Potter's style is completely different.

You might as well get Allardyce back than give Potter this side. If he had time and resources to build his own team then yeah.

How has it been built to play Dyche football?

We have players in the squad that 9 managers have bought.

Pickford, Branthwaite, Patterson, Onana, Garner, McNeil and Beto are the 7 I'd be developing/building around.

The only one who seems to have been bought with a specific style of play in mind is Beto (counter attack). Even he though im sure could be effective in a different setup.

It could be argued that the others may be more suited to a different more front foot gameplan.

Thanks Eggs, good morning to you too ;)

There's more chance of Brian Potter or Harry Potter being named our next manager than there is of the FA ever letting go of their ultimate cuck yes-man.

Southgate has said he's leaving after the Euros. I dont see many other english options, if they go that route.
Anyway. Potter isnt coming to Everton. We may have had the chance(a slim one) 2 years ago. But he soon squashed that knowing the club is a mess.

Southgate has said he's leaving after the Euros. I dont see many other english options, if they go that route.
Anyway. Potter isnt coming to Everton. We may have had the chance(a slim one) 2 years ago. But he soon squashed that knowing the club is a mess.
Yeah Potter is no fool, he wouldn't want to get involved in this clownshow now.

As for GS, I'm sure once he realises Madrid and Barcelona Macclesfield and Barnsley aren't exactly duking it out for his services-in-failure he'll be offered a new deal by the FA and sign it after being "convinced" to do a u-turn......

I'm dunno about the grateful bit for mid-table: we're now a club where 17th is success; from the ownership to the boardroom to the coaching staff to the fans that run on the pitch in celebration of it.

A decade ago 7th/8th could have been another year of stagnation or glass ceiling, now it's a pipe dream. Any manager taking this side to a mid-table finish would have a stand named after him (or at least a chippy in Wavertree).

Bottom line is, subject to a run of defeats, Dyche isn't getting sacked. Not with 34 games to go and 102 points available, when we'll probably only need a third of those. If we're bottom 3 come January, he's gone. If we're not, it's "job done so far" for another season. That is the only ambition at EFC these days.
I think, come nearer Christmas and we are still floating around the relegation zone, he's gone

Are there any other managers that people look at (that are either out of work, or way down the food chain given the club will be very reluctant to pay another huge compensation package) and do genuinely think would come in and do a better job than Dyche?

I personally think Dyche is doing a fine job, and is the best we could have in our situation - but I am curious given some people do feel so strongly about Dyche being tactically inept/seem keen to get rid.

Are there any other managers that people look at (that are either out of work, or way down the food chain given the club will be very reluctant to pay another huge compensation package) and do genuinely think would come in and do a better job than Dyche?

I personally think Dyche is doing a fine job, and is the best we could have in our situation - but I am curious given some people do feel so strongly about Dyche being tactically inept/seem keen to get rid.

….of course there’ll be managers Who could come in and do a better job. I think there’s a lot of luck involved in finding the right man, right place, right time.

Regardless, I’d certainly be sticking with Dyche myself.

I have absolutely no doubt that Rooney will be the next Everton manager, and fully expect him to lead us into the new stadium.

I am not saying he should be, but had the feeling for a while things will end up that way.

People said the same about Arteta.
Arteta was highly thought of though by peers in the qualification sessions and by Guardiola, people ‘in the know’ ght he would make a good manager (I appreciate that often the next ‘big thing’ fails) - I am not sure Rooney talked about in those same terms. I think it was right to question Arteta’s suitability at Everton, not because of him, but because of us….we are not in a steady enough position to give a young manager time and funds to develop the team

….of course there’ll be managers Who could come in and do a better job. I think there’s a lot of luck involved in finding the right man, right place, right time.

Regardless, I’d certainly be sticking with Dyche myself.

I honestly do not think there is, all factors considered - I suppose with the added caveat of would come in, too.

Need to sort out the midfield and its need to protect the back line, too many times they have left back line exposed. Guaye and Onana increasingly does not look like a partnership that keeps him in the job. Onana Garner in the middle for me.