2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham Potter turned down the Lyon job, I’m convinced he’s smelling blood in the water at Goodison.

I think he wants to replace Dyche this season.
You'll recall us beating them a few years ago at theirs 2-0 ot think DCL scored. In the post match interview Potter couldn't have been more complimentary about the club the fans the players themselves. I called it then that he wanted the job if ever it was offered him.

Are you saying that Dyche has no chance with this squad?

Point is more that it's been built to play Dyche football, Potter's style is completely different.

You might as well get Allardyce back than give Potter this side. If he had time and resources to build his own team then yeah.

How has it been built to play Dyche football?

We have players in the squad that 9 managers have bought.

Defenders who are not comfortable on the ball or quick. Agricultural midfielders. Target men strikers and a bit of pace out wide.

It's a team that can scrape results by set piece goals, backs to the wall defending and direct play or crosses into the box. It's a Dyche team in effect. Imagine giving Martinez this team.

You'll recall us beating them a few years ago at theirs 2-0 ot think DCL scored. In the post match interview Potter couldn't have been more complimentary about the club the fans the players themselves. I called it then that he wanted the job if ever it was offered him.

What did he turn down Lyon for? Just location or he didn't want to move there without pre season.

If he wants the job it's a no brainer albeit would take a few transfer windows to get the squad up to what he wants.

Always thought he'd end up somewhere like West Ham or Fulham so again perhaps he's settled in the South East. Will also be a contender for England job as think it will be vacant this time next year.

Distanced himself from the job a year or two back, basically describing us behind the scenes as a basket-case club full of chaos. Must have missed the bit where things have moved in the right direction since then . . .

For our current situation, Dyche is the better man of the two for the task in hand.
I find that a mad take. He is already showing how bad a manager he is.

Dyche has a myth around him. He has already ensured that we can't defend, can't adequately defend or attack from set-pieces, has a non existent press, a midfield where he puts all of his players in the wrong positions and just gets his players to hoof the ball upfront. There is zero evidence that the side works on any patterns of play, nor that they analyse the opposition to identify weaknesses, or that they identify ways to stop the opposition playing.

Believe me, Potter would do bloody well to set up a side that concedes more and scores less than the shower Dyche provides!

IMG_6612.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back