2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche has a win percentage of approximately 26% since he took over. Compare that to his win percentage of 35% during his time at Burnley you could argue either his Burnley sqaud was better than ours or he is under performing. Both may be true. Both equally grim.

If you look at the two home games so far, we created enough chances to win the game twice over. The only criticism you can throw at the manager is "why is he picking these players then?" To which the obvious answer is "because who else is there?"
I can throw the
- he doesn't make subs quick enough.
- he plays reactionary football
- he seems very stubborn
- he could have had gray as an option for a few games.
- O'Neill just had to look at what Silva did to figure out how to beat Everton.
Thats for the two home games.

As for away...
- The first 60 mins against Doncaster is probably the worst hour of football Everton have played in a long time and that's quite an achievement.
- The defeat at villa was dismal, yea theyre better than us but we threw in the towel and that's on Dyche too.

If we keep hiring sub par managers we'll just end up firing them.
I find it frustrating that there seems to be a groundswell of 'you cant keep firing managers' right now,
It's like we spun the roulette wheel of crap managers and ended up with Sean Dyche.

Potter is not the answer either. Not that he's a poor manager but he wouldn't have anything he'd need at Everton.

Dyche has a win percentage of approximately 26% since he took over. Compare that to his win percentage of 35% during his time at Burnley you could argue either his Burnley sqaud was better than ours or he is under performing. Both may be true. Both equally grim.
whats his win percentage during his time with burnley in the premier league

23%
whats his win percentage during his time with burnley in the premier league
28% (72 wins from 258 games)

23%

28% (72 wins from 258 games)
Grim innit. Even if he does better and performs as he did at Burnley he will still lose miles more than he wins and would still be right down near the bottom of our all time manager performance record. I cringe every time someone says he needs more more time. They are basically expecting him to do something he has rarely done in his entire managerial career.

Only going to end one way this and probably with as much damage done to us as possible first to leave us in a near impossible situation once again that we probably won't get out of this time.

Interesting looking at the league XG so far.

1694166976898.webp

Interesting looking at the league XG so far.

View attachment 226544
Be interesting to see full season numbers in past years. Is it bad luck or bad finishers or a combination? Over time does everyone stay fairly close to even, or do the negative teams keep getting more negative? I suspect it is a bit of both but the finisher problem for Everton has been real. Hopefully Beto, Danjuma and McNeil can shift that.

Be interesting to see full season numbers in past years. Is it bad luck or bad finishers or a combination? Over time does everyone stay fairly close to even, or do the negative teams keep getting more negative? I suspect it is a bit of both but the finisher problem for Everton has been real. Hopefully Beto, Danjuma and McNeil can shift that.
2022-23
1694183201131.webp

2021-22
1694183281103.webp

From here:

Our chance creation has jumped hugely this year mate, essentially - 5.28, is ridiculously unlucky, you can see how much of an outlier in the table and our own table from previous years.

Statistical model would suggest that goals are coming.

Agree its a bit of both, I'm thinking Maupay hitting it at the Keeper repeatedly, but then I'm also thinking of almost every keeper we've faced has gone with man of the match.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back