2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
True they were queuing up fight long Dyche for the job. It’s a poison chalice, no money, ffp charges hanging over them, poor squad and a board looking to sell.

Where were these managers in waiting?
Do you actually know how many managers applied or expressed an interest in managing the club ?
I don’t and unless you were part of the deliberations that selected our manager neither do you.
What is starting to amuse me however is that your current defence of Dyche seems to to positioned around the fact that while he is not very good he was the best we could realistically hope for.
Damned by faint praise indeed.

The point I've made (badly, apols) was Dyche lost key players in that stint at Burnley (some for money). But yeah the way it's written sort of looks like Mee was sold, he wasn't. I meant he was a core player, and they battled on without him rather like we have to do without Coady.

The wider point being his spell at Burnley was Promotion, Relegation, Promotion and a tonne of club revenue in the interim, on a shoestring. I think this was not 'crap' in reference to the post I was replying too.

Context is key, obviously his record with us is not 'stellar'. Having no full backs or CF was tough. But he corrected a relegation level decline (as did Lamps before him).

The final points I put in about squad changes are to point out where he has, and will need reinforcements to do the same this term.

Ben Mee left the Summer they got relegated. In fact he was interim manager of sorts when Dyche got sacked. Stopped reading after that error.

Really wish you’d utilise the Internet.

I have no idea what this post is saying mate.

Maybe its a me problem.
Sorry! Was written in mid-lunch haste.

Context is key:
  • I'm reluctant to label Dyche 'crap' cos it diminshes values that had Burnley punch aboe it's weight then and now. As did Moyes with us.
  • Also it feedsin to normalise us routinely binning mgt cos each time we edge closer (statistically) to the drop. Martinez, to Koeman to Alladyce etc, to today etc
BUT to your points ( I hope):
  • We've rolled the dice three times now with Alldyce (we were 18th), Benitez and Lampsin or near releagtion. and each time it's 'worked'. We could go for better alternatives ( I don't know who they are, but Potter's out there)
  • To your dogmuck point - I acknowledged the bad start this term and Mgt and Player questions in that
  • Our luck will run out at some point, and would rather keep a coach and team as a unit that grows and moves up the table. I feel that's Dyche this and next term.
Get in the stadium, see what sort of proposition we are to 777's fancy line of suitors then.

I might be wrong and we're tanking come Christmas and all the points you make now, we'd question why the club didn't react - cos we'd have only delayed getting in a better option with less games to fix us. Perhaps I'm being a bit head in the sand.

Ben Mee left the Summer they got relegated. In fact he was interim manager of sorts when Dyche got sacked. Stopped reading after that error.

Really wish you’d utilise the Internet.
Haha, OK yes - I'm making a fair point badly

2015 for example: Danny Ings, Kieran Trippier
2017 Keane to us (OK he's not ripped up trees, my point is he was doing well at Burnley and they cashed in what, 30m?)

Do you agree with the wider point I'm making given the more apt examples?

Four league games before the next international break. At the end of them we should have some consensus.

Six points or more he's safe for the foreseeable
Three or less he needs to go.
Four to five we keep arguing.

Very grim when our current Manager has done worse than the Spanish waiter did who was sacked for doing so poor.

Benitez

View attachment 227315

Dyche

View attachment 227316

I mean thats horrific. Honestly, both are absolutely awful.

The Benitez taste on the tongue though still makes me want to vomit.

I'd rather have Dyche then the extra .14 points per match, but I still think there's tonnes of better managers out there then both.

Reactions: Lob
This ‘better managers won’t come to Everton’ is utter bilge and you know it .
Managers will come here for the same reason Dyche did , money along with the prestige and exposure of managing a PL club.
I’m sure we could attract a manager with just one relegation to his name rather than two
That would be a massive step up in quality,

My main issue is mate, I think there are tonnes of good managers out there, tonnes who would potentially jump for the money and for the PL club exposure.

Our clubs problem is that we fish in a very small pond of "premier league experienced managers".

Until we stop doing this, we won't be attracting any manager of decent quality.

My main issue is mate, I think there are tonnes of good managers out there, tonnes who would potentially jump for the money and for the PL club exposure.

Our clubs problem is that we fish in a very small pond of "premier league experienced managers".

There’s definitely that attitude in the board. Plus managers want to feel they will be trusted to implement their vision and have the backing of the owner and the board. Our recent history suggests very confused thinking at senior levels and, coupled with financial constraints, that’s a big red flag for any manager who might have options other than Everton.

If there is a manager out there who would do better than Dyche with the current squad then I imagine we’d be all for it. Its the fact we can’t trust the board to appoint them that’s the main issue. I think if someone came in with a vision and made improvements to the team the fans would have a bit of patience now that expectations have been tempered a bit.

I think last year was a good example showing teams that recognised their manager was not working and fixed it stayed up. Take Bournemouth/Leeds for example. Bournemouth saw their manager wasnt working and acted quick. They stayed up. Leeds stuck with Yankee Marsch who was clueless well into February I believe. They were hindered by keeping a clueless manager on. They burned a lot of winnable games with him. If you look at the squads they had last year I would say they definetly had a better squad of players than Bourmemouth (and possibly us) but moved way too late

I think Dyche should get maximum next International break to prove himself. If things havent changed we need to make the move quickly. Its a good year to stay up. Luton, Sheff Utd and Burnley all look poor. Add in Nottingham Forest, Bournemouth and Fulham and there are plenty that can go down. We cant burn more matches like Leeds did against the likes of Fulham and Sheffield United. Its a great year to be poor as they are plenty like us. Just need to take advantage of it

We;ve been urinating money for years changing managers etc.

Can't imagine it would happen unless it got desperate.

Personally think our issues go much deeper than managers and couldn't get excited about Potter et al. doing much better.

Yeah fully agree, if dyche is sacked, they will go for potter most likely. Just for the simple reasons he is available and has prem experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back