2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche didn’t inherit a top 10 side with Richarlison, Digne and James Rodriguez btw.

Top 10 side haha. 10th would be stretching the imagination.

I also don't know why people think Rodriguez was all that. He offered the odd sparkle, but was well past his best and no longer had the appetite. Look at where he ended up after Everton.

I genuinely think everyone has been that starved of anything positive, mediocrity is now being held up as something elite.

I also don't know why people think Rodriguez was all that. He offered the odd sparkle, but was well past his best and no longer had the appetite. Look at where he ended up after Everton.

I genuinely think everyone has been that starved of anything positive, mediocrity is now being held up as something elite.

Not sure what you mean tbh. And I’m certainly not painting mediocrity as something to aspire to.
Merely pointing out that Benitez took over a side that had just finished top 10 with 59 points.

3500 (1).webp

Not sure what you mean tbh. And I’m certainly not painting mediocrity as something to aspire to.
Merely pointing out that Benitez took over a side that had just finished top 10 with 59 points.

I guess I just mean the team had probably overachieved before benitez came in, there was then no money to spend and the team and squad had continued to decline. Expecting top 10 was unrealistic.

I know you're not saying mediocrity is acceptable, I just think the way some people hold rodriguez up as some sort of superstar or elite player is misguided. He was well on the wane.

It's either because people have lost all sense of what quality looks like or because people are that desperate to bash benitez they overstate how good rodriguez and the rest of the squad was. Rodriguez has done nothing since leaving Everton has he.

I guess I just mean the team had probably overachieved before benitez came in, there was then no money to spend and the team and squad had continued to decline. Expecting top 10 was unrealistic.

I know you're not saying mediocrity is acceptable, I just think the way some people hold rodriguez up as some sort of superstar or elite player is misguided. He was well on the wane.

It's either because people have lost all sense of what quality looks like or because people are that desperate to bash benitez they overstate how good rodriguez and the rest of the squad was. Rodriguez has done nothing since leaving Everton has he.
Of course he was on the wane, thats why he ended up at Everton.

He was injured loads, at times looked half arsed and wasnt really here to fight, but he still lit up the pitch when he played.

I mean it might be 1 of those good times that Kenwright told us about, but we had Carlo Ancelotti and James Rodriguez and everything was ok.

He was injured loads, at times looked half arsed and wasnt really here to fight, but he still lit up the pitch when he played.

I mean it might be 1 of those good times that Kenwright told us about, but we had Carlo Ancelotti and James Rodriguez and everything was ok.

The composure and quality are exceptional. Whenever he played, his teammates always looked for him because he could make the magic happen. These days it seems we are happy so long as they bust a gut and don't make costly errors. I suppose that's just our reality right now with chronic mis-management and ffp. Let's be honest, he was a joy to watch. It's players like him, Sheedy, Kanchelskis that get you out of your seat. I hope McNeill continues his trajectory and that the likes of Beto, Danjuma (temporary), Harrison and Chermitti bring some much needed creativity to the attack.

At this rate, the best player and manager I'll see at Everton - still won f all of course.

When is Dychey Boys press conference? Love the weekly instalment of him dodging questions and banging on about effort and expectations. Missed it last week.

I look forward to seeing if he's going to wipe the sweat from his chin, head and nose clockwise or go for the nose, chinand head anti clockwise with a quick look and sniff of his fingers

No one does a sweat wipe as good as Dyche

That first half of the season he was one of the best players in the league.

People forget we were second in the table and the slip after that was huge!

I'd love to know what the cause of that was, whether the pace and physicality of the PL caught up with James? whether he knew Carlo was leaving in the summer?

But to say he didn't do anything is a bit mad! Was brilliant for probably the first 15-20 games and then either the injurys came or he just couldnt be bothered!

That first half of the season he was one of the best players in the league.

People forget we were second in the table and the slip after that was huge!

I'd love to know what the cause of that was, whether the pace and physicality of the PL caught up with James? whether he knew Carlo was leaving in the summer?

But to say he didn't do anything is a bit mad! Was brilliant for probably the first 15-20 games and then either the injurys came or he just couldnt be bothered!

Whether he couldn't be bothered or injury caught up with him, he was done. The fact people potentially questioned his appetite and professionalism and what he has done since proves it.

My point was that some people speak like he should never have been let go and blame the manager for it but it was clearly the right thing to do. If anyone is happy to tolerate a half fit, half arsed has been who doesn't care anymore, it's accepting of mediocrity. I think his name and reputation blinded people a bit personally, no doubt as there's been so little else to be excited about.

Anyway, it's all in the past and there's enough to worry about as it is!

I look forward to seeing if he's going to wipe the sweat from his chin, head and nose clockwise or go for the nose, chinand head anti clockwise with a quick look and sniff of his fingers

No one does a sweat wipe as good as Dyche
He loves a good sweat wipe. While sniffing like he’s been on beak all week. Then looks at his hand to evaluate the sweat content.

He could do with a Prince Andrew style conflict experience to dry things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back