2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he was on the wane, thats why he ended up at Everton.

He was injured loads, at times looked half arsed and wasnt really here to fight, but he still lit up the pitch when he played.

I mean it might be 1 of those good times that Kenwright told us about, but we had Carlo Ancelotti and James Rodriguez and everything was ok.

Depressing looking at all those empty stadiums. Farcical nonsense. Never again.

That first half of the season he was one of the best players in the league.

People forget we were second in the table and the slip after that was huge!

I'd love to know what the cause of that was, whether the pace and physicality of the PL caught up with James? whether he knew Carlo was leaving in the summer?

But to say he didn't do anything is a bit mad! Was brilliant for probably the first 15-20 games and then either the injurys came or he just couldnt be bothered!
Injuries at bad times. Carlo is a top manager in the sense that he can manage egos and win silverware at top clubs but he isn’t somebody that can work with less to the same extent and overachieve. When key players got hurt we were woeful

Injuries at bad times. Carlo is a top manager in the sense that he can manage egos and win silverware at top clubs but he isn’t somebody that can work with less to the same extent and overachieve. When key players got hurt we were woeful
yea we were but he played to our strengths.
It was obvious he knew how to get results with the dross available and when he could he'd bring in more exciting players.
I can't get my head around people not being happy with how Ancelotti did.
He had to play with Gylfi or no one up top for a while. He only really dipped off when he knew he was off.

yea we were but he played to our strengths.
It was obvious he knew how to get results with the dross available and when he could he'd bring in more exciting players.
I can't get my head around people not being happy with how Ancelotti did.
He had to play with Gylfi or no one up top for a while. He only really dipped off when he knew he was off.
It would have been really interesting to see how he would have done if he'd had a couple more transfer windows (and assuming there would've been some cash to spend in those windows!)

It would have been really interesting to see how he would have done if he'd had a couple more transfer windows (and assuming there would've been some cash to spend in those windows!)
As ive said in the past, we approached the January Transfer window fighting for 4th place.

And he was given an 18 year old CB to make the push, is it any surprise that he started sending his CV to Real Madrid.

wwww-jpg.197659

As ive said in the past, we approached the January Transfer window fighting for 4th place.

And he was given an 18 year old CB to make the push, is it any surprise that he started sending his CV to Real Madrid.

wwww-jpg.197659
Sickening looking at that table to where we are now. On a brighter note both Leics and Southampton have now gone.

He's going to be under pressure for the next 3 months while this takeover completes.

New owners often want to bring in their own manager. If he doesn't get results in the remainder of 2023, he will be in a vulnerable position come January.

He's going to be under pressure for the next 3 months while this takeover completes.

New owners often want to bring in their own manager. If he doesn't get results in the remainder of 2023, he will be in a vulnerable position come January.

People don't believe it but 777 will fire Dyche almost immediately and bring in their own man.

People won't believe who that man is either.

wwww-jpg.197659
IMO what that table says is just how good a manager Ancelotti is. We handed him dross and half a James, and he returned 59 points.

I suppose you could argue that FSW would have done the same if he had not frozen James out over ego, but that seems like a reach to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back