2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that for me.

The real shocker is that we have a man who's billed as pragmatic and we've lost our 3 home games by the odd goal and failed to keep a clean sheet.

Minimum I'd expect out of Fulham, Wolves and Arsenal at home is 2 points.

This just isn't working and I honestly think Luton at home could see a major reaction at Goodison. Dont beat them and it'll be curtains for Dyche and I dont have any faith in any successor as they'll be rubbish.
No problem with the other games being criticised ….but today we shouldn’t be expecting something. Tough to deal with I know, but we’re nowhere near that level.

We aren’t judging him for not getting points vs Arsenal.

We’re judging him because we just sat back and let them tickle our bellies. Didn’t even bother going for it today.
Look I get it, I do. But today? He’s tried to sit back and hit arsenal on the break. It didn’t happen, but then, arsenal are none of our business.

All he had to do today was have some semblance of a plan. If it didn’t work out it didn’t work out because Arsenal are one of the top teams. We showed nothing. Part of it was because he opted for Myko and we lacked width but he didn’t try to free up Danjuma to give us a threat on the counter at all. That should have been the plan. Arsenal were free to press all game and crowd the middle in defense. Game over.

?

There was Erieness in the crowd today.
I think fans are punch drunk after the window, 777 and a forebodingness of playing Arsenal.

Was chalk amd cheese between the atmosphere in Dyches first game against Arsenal and this one.

People are tired and worn.

The team could have helped admittedly the thing that disappointed me most today was us standing off them a bit and not putting in a leveler tackle or two and make them think.
I agree. The crowd needed a jolt today but when it became apparent that we were backing off and there was no attacking plan or anything to get behind people start talking with their mates about 777 and whats gone on in the past week. I think the crowd just wanted to see us have a go and give them something to take their minds off the state of things off the pitch.

I can take or leave dyche I don’t care but I don’t think some people grasp how bad the squad is and how hard it’s going to be for anyone to get anything out of them. You’d think the fact we’ve hardly won a game for about 4 years under loads of different managers and now have an even worse squad would make it obvious but it obviously isn’t.

?

There was Erieness in the crowd today.
I think fans are punch drunk after the window, 777 and a forebodingness of playing Arsenal.

Was chalk amd cheese between the atmosphere in Dyches first game against Arsenal and this one.

People are tired and worn.

The team could have helped admittedly the thing that disappointed me most today was us standing off them a bit and not putting in a leveler tackle or two and make them think.

Think the crowd let the team and Dyche get away with one today due to the standard of the opponent. A horrible air of acceptance we couldn't compete. Really sad place for any club to be.

Think the crowd let the team and Dyche get away with one today due to the standard of the opponent. A horrible air of acceptance we couldn't compete. Really sad place for any club to be.

You’re not wrong, just have a feeling we’re all punch drunk and with Arsenal today - there was a sense of foreboding. The team didn’t help, a big tackle, knocking them off kilter would have lifted it.

I was expecting the pace to explode when Beto came out but it was surprisingly muted. 777 haven’t helped and you’d query the value of announcing that so close to a game.

It all made for an eerie atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back