2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes at the his best gig ever....if anything im more pished game by game at his lack of basic tactical nous. Short corners against us? jeez.. you ballbag...Any free kick we have the luxury we have..omg you ball bag....pass a football more than a foot and tell a player to anticipate a round ball coming to you at the time to be spacially aware of whats on ... you ball bag..he doesnt give a hoot about us at the end of the day the smarmy gravel eating ball bag ..

It wasn't great today, but it was Arsenal and that can happen. I expect a bit of a heavy defeat at Brentford so the pressure will really be on by those two Goodison games in a row at the end of the month/start of October. Anything less than 6 points and we'll be in an incredible amount of trouble and I could see a change coming

Actually looking at the fixture list I can barely see where we get any wins before Christmas after the Luton/Bournemouth games...

Remember when Goodison used to be a tough place to visit, even when we were bad in the 90s we'd make the opposition fight for it, we might have been technically worse but we gave them plenty to ponder, today's tactics of giving up the grass to Arsenal were downright disrespectful to everything our home has been about over the years.

Even when we were at our worst, we had passages of play where we could get the ball down, zip it around, mix it up, out work the opposition

This tit keeps going on about minimum requirement is maximum effort...well just like Villa away, none of that was on show.

We lost every 50/50, 80% of the team lost their personal battles, no one backed up their team mate, no one took risks on the ball. Disgusting performance.

We've had Arsenal at home last season and Brighton away. They're the only 2 games where we could say yeah there was a plan, ot was executed well, we mixed it up and played some decent footy and got the result we deserved

Apart from that, pathetic.

I just hope the new owners are in place ASAP and bring in their own manager

This type of football and the lack of intensity is gutless and has no place at Everton.

This job is far too big for him. Hes a lower league manager and his teams dont score goals for a very good reason - because they are badly coached. Its not bad luck.

I wont watch this type of football. I will happily find other things to do. Why should I give up time and emotional energy when the manager isn't even playing to win.

I could understand the persistence with the tactic if it was genuinely frustrating Arsenal and had caused them a scare or two on the break but it clearly wasn't working on any level. Arsenal were patient and knew they could play through it eventually with little to no worry about being caught out.

The only argument in it's favour is that it was a hell of a finish that put the ball in the net for the goal. But we'd already had the warning shot with the offside goal and who knows how many lunging blocks. It was clearly a matter of when, not if, they scored and not changing things earlier is a big concern.

Remember when Goodison used to be a tough place to visit, even when we were bad in the 90s we'd make the opposition fight for it, we might have been technically worse but we gave them plenty to ponder, today's tactics of giving up the grass to Arsenal were downright disrespectful to everything our home has been about over the years.
There was almost no physical play, at all, against a team that HATES it when you play physical against them. Look at how wound up Arteta got when Tarkowski supposedly elbowed nobody? We shouldn't have left that pitch with less than 7 yellows. If we're playing against someone who is much better than us, we should be absolutely belting them around the pitch. Standing off is just madness to me.

That's rose tinted there mate. We're all frustrated but there was plenty of similar performances during the 90s where capitulation was the order of the day.

There was almost no physical play, at all, against a team that HATES it when you play physical against them. Look at how wound up Arteta got when Tarkowski supposedly elbowed nobody? We shouldn't have left that pitch with less than 7 yellows. If we're playing against someone who is much better than us, we should be absolutely belting them around the pitch. Standing off is just madness to me.

Basic as well isn't it what you've said. Not rocket science but playing to the strengths of the limited footballers and get the crowd to help them

We didn't get out of first gear today
In fact I don't think we even got into first.

People must have short memories I’ve seen Everton be more passive than that hundreds of times it was crap but it was hardly worth a passing mention in terms of poor performances in recent years we tried to park the bus and it didn’t work I don’t see how it’s worth the headloss some people are having.
We're 1 point from 5 games mate. No short memory here, it's never happened. That after 2 relegation scraps in as many years. Nope, never been as bad as it is now,ever.

We're 1 point from 5 games mate. No short memory here, it's never happened. That after 2 relegation scraps in as many years. Nope, never been as bad as it is now,ever.
I’m just talking about today and the fact we have 1 point from 5 games and have also been in a relegation battle for the last 2 years (with a better squad) probably isn’t a coincidence. I don’t care if dyche gets sacked and if this carries on he will but nobody’s coming in and fixing this we’re well past that stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back