2023/24 Sean Dyche

Do 777 have any say here? We know in the agreement that the cost goes down if we are relegated. Would you want some protection of your asset though?

I can't see us changing him. Moshi is to hope that the manager is someone else's problem once that contract is signed.
777 are laughing all the way to the bank at what's happening, they don't give a hoot

…Iwobi is a big loss from a ’back to front’ transition perspective. His running in possession allowed others to get forward. We aren’t able to get forward except via long balls that come straight back.

Hold on a minute now Eggs, you mean to tell me that Abdoulaye Doucouré is not the perfect player for getting in-between the lines, receiving the ball on the turn and linking up play from our deep lying midfield and our attacker(s?).

Lumping the ball long is pretty much the gameplan anyway.

….I know it’s a stereotype view but I’m not sure that was so obvious last season.

Iwobi and McNeil transitioned by running with the ball which allowed Doucoure and Onana to join-in. Very often, Doucoure and Onana were in the box when crosses were delivered. Rarely seeing that this season.

We haven’t the quality to pass our way through midfield (very obvious yesterday in number of misplaced passes), so the lack of running power means we have to go long. I suspect its more necessity than tactical. We miss Iwobi.

It should improve a bit when McNeil gets up to speed but Thelwell must think Harrison can fill the Iwobi void,

It's not the loss though is it, it's the manner of the loss. I can live with getting beaten fairly but I can't live with no effort, no passion, no drive or fight and from the managers point of view no tactics or clue!
The players looked half asleep all day, even dawdled out late after half time and nearly conceded again 2 minutes of the start.

It's not the loss though is it, it's the manner of the loss. I can live with getting beaten fairly but I can't live with no effort, no passion, no drive or fight and from the managers point of view no tactics or clue!

There was a plan and it worked for about 60mins.

More concerning for me is it's probably the 2nd game I've seen (Donny away) where premier league footballers can make a simple pass or control a football.

Played the same last season and won 1.0

Also arguably the first time this season we've been ultra defensive.

If he wasn't shafted at the start of the season with no reinforcements or a striker...this would've just been "one of them"
The two Arsenal home games couldn't have been more different. The difference in the level of pressing, intensity, and aggression was enormous yesterday. We also didn't put many balls into the box for some reason. I have absolutely no idea what we were trying to do, and I don't believe Dyche had a clue either. He chucked a team onto the pitch who were clearly not coached well enough, and it showed.