2023/24 Sean Dyche

Is it just me.. or does anyone else get the sense that he/the club are treating this run of games before the first international break as a bit of an 'extension' of pre season? there certainly doesn't seem to be any real desire to throw certain players straight into the side and we seem to be playing it overly cautious with the ones that Dyche himself doesn't deem 'fit fit' yet. Reckon the training game in midweek is also evidence of this..

Is it just me.. or does anyone else get the sense that he/the club are treating this run of games before the first international break as a bit of an 'extension' of pre season? there certainly doesn't seem to be any real desire to throw certain players straight into the side and we seem to be playing it overly cautious with the ones that Dyche himself doesn't deem 'fit fit' yet. Reckon the training game in midweek is also evidence of this..
Im baffled who he didnt throw straight into the side?

DCL we know needs managing, other than that, who?

Im baffled who he didnt throw straight into the side?

DCL we know needs managing, other than that, who?
Well probably not the most accurate turn of phrase there.. but its pretty obvious that he's in no rush with DCL, Danjuma, Brathwaite & Chermiti in particular. Dobbin as well infact. Fans have been clamouring for all five to be on the pitch ASAP in one form or another.. I'm just saying that Dyche clearly won't be drawn on that.

Well probably not the most accurate turn of phrase there.. but its pretty obvious that he's in no rush with DCL, Danjuma, Brathwaite & Chermiti in particular. Fans have been clamouring for all four to be on the pitch ASAP in one form or another.. I'm just saying that Dyche clearly won't be drawn on that.
The 2 Ds have had injury issues and the other 2 lads will get their chance in time.

The 2 Ds have had injury issues and the other 2 lads will get their chance in time.
Indeed. My original post wasn't throwing shade at Dyche by the way - I actually happen to think that it could be a good strategy for the longer term, but obviously its not going to be popular with everyone..

Indeed. My original post wasn't throwing shade at Dyche by the way - I actually happen to think that it could be a good strategy for the longer term, but obviously its not going to be popular with everyone..
Im no fan of the fella, but I think he set the team up for victory last week, he/we were let down by some terrible finishing and our 2 CBs switching off for 2seconds.

He is also probably actually looking after the players and doing what’s right by them, something lost on our fans.

He is also probably actually looking after the players and doing what’s right by them, something lost on our fans.
...and something that previous managers either didn't really care as much about (Benitez) or just didn't really have the experience in dealing with full stop (Lampard).

My big hope with Dyche is that, at the very least, in time he'll amass a squad of fit & strong footballers whom we can rely on to be ready to go week-in, week-out. Consistency has to be the key..

Go back and watch it and you’ll find out
Why would anybody want to do that.

He said: "There are lots of conversations ongoing with a number of different areas we hope to affect. No news at this stage about any of them."

Dyche also said the transfer window is 'always challenging', whether clubs have 'money or no money' available to spend on new signings. While the Everton boss also provided an update on outgoings.

Mason Holgate, Jean-Philippe Gbamin and Demarai Gray have all been linked with moves away this summer. Dyche, however, said the club had 'no news' on any of the players linked with moves away.

And when pushed on Gbamin, the Everton manager said: "There is no news at the moment, but he is not back with us at the moment. We are monitoring his situation."

Asked if he would accept an offer for the midfielder, Dyche replied: "We will wait and see. We need an offer [for Gbamin] to come in first."

Dyche also hinted that any potential loan move for Tom Cannon may come later in the window, even though the forward returned to action in the practice match against Manchester United at Carrington on Tuesday.

"He's only just got fit," Dyche said when asked about the youngster. "He played 45 minutes the other day, so we'll keep an eye on him and make sure he's well.

"We're keeping our minds open at this stage. We haven't got a big squad, as everyone knows; we haven't got a massive number of strikers; that's quite obvious. He's in the building for now and will view it accordingly as the window comes towards the end."

Here you go @matty1878