2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think it's good we have the 'easier 'games of Luton and Bournemouth coming up as that should show us how bad things are,that will be 10 games which is enough to know
Sacrificing over a quarter of the season to tell us what was already fairly obvious by the end of last season.

If we get to 10 games with 5/6 points we will rightly get relegated.

Arsenal is a much better squad, so sure set up defensively, maybe arsenal is a bit tired after international break, and nick a goal on a free kick or something. Its awful and boring but occasionally works.

Arsenal didn't look their best and despite that we had 1 corner the whole match.

Neville was right, "dreary" is a very appropriate and accurate description of Goodison park under Dyche. We still haven't scored twice in a home game under him!!

Absolutely WOEFUL
Everyone at home is clearly waiting for him to do something, anything bold and would get behind him. Still hasn’t happened. We had “Super Frank….” being sung before he finished his first match. With hindsight that was a bit embarrassing, but it shows how desperate we are to even just like our manager, even a tiny bit. Dyche has tried to do it by being honest and talking about the reality. Not sure he’s going get his own song by telling us constantly and playing in a way that indicates he also thinks we are too rubbish to dare attacking freely.

Everyone at home is clearly waiting for him to do something, anything bold and would get behind him. Still hasn’t happened. We had “Super Frank….” being sung before he finished his first match. With hindsight that was a bit embarrassing, but it shows how desperate we are to even just like our manager, even a tiny bit. Dyche has tried to do it by being honest and talking about the reality. Not sure he’s going get his own song by telling us constantly and playing in a way that indicates he also thinks we are too rubbish to dare attacking freely.
I get laughed at regularly, and probably fairly, for this opinion - but I much preferred when Lampard was in charge and I still think he was a much better fit for us as a club than Dyche is. I would much rather be terrible with a manager who I like and where I feel there is still a little bit of room for upside. I said in Janaury changing the manager would make no difference and I stand by that.

My main issue with Dyche is how often he blames bad luck. If you are blaming bad luck every other week then it's more than likely because you aren't good enough. It's an extremely poor mentality in top level sport. He needs to take more responsibility and accept the results are not good enough, and need to be better.