2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please explain this logic
It's not that difficult is it? Statistically, three (of the bottom 5) of our managers have had that same squad bar a few arrivals/exits. That's why they are in the bottom 5 of our worst managers ever, because they have had our worst squad for 50+ years.

We blamed Benitez, but Lampard was as bad/worse. Dyche is now as bad/worse statistically than the previous two. I don't think any of those 3 managers are any great shakes btw, but the squad has got progressively weaker by selling Digne, Hameth, Richie, Gordon Gray and Iwobi for starters, and these weaknesses have been compounded by long term injuries to Mina and DCL, not forgetting Sigurdsson was missing for ages and the lack of replacement signings and, no back up forward for nigh on 2 seasons.

Long story short, it's no fooking wonder Dyche is doing rubbish. A pi55 poor squad has got weaker and weaker, but maybe the squad is really ace and Don Carlo will come back, or Potter will start a project and have us kicking on to the waffa places...

And this is where I disagree. The gameplan against Wolves and Fulham was more huff and puff rather a tactical masterclass; Sheffield Utd was like watching 2 poor teams, apart from a 15 minute spell for us.

And I’m not having anyone tell me that professional footballers can’t pass a ball; they can. The reason it looks like they can’t is because nothing is being worked on for progressive play.

Nobody runs off one another, there’s no little 1-2 moves; it’s all off the cuff because there’s no coaching going on apart from defend deep and hoof it.

players get the ball and need to lookup because there’s nothing, no runners, no routine that they’ve worked on - the entire emphasis of the gameplan is don’t concede

You don't create the chances we did in those games based on just "huff and puff". It's like when people said Ancelloti doesn't "coach" players and let's them do what they want (who also got labelled a dinosaur)...it's complete nonsense.

You're taking Arsenal as a one off game. Arsenal and games like it when we play City etc are going to be games where we'll be set up to swallow and hopefully spit something out the other end. Look at West Ham. Dinosaur football with Moyes apparently. However...have the right tools to soak up and counter with lethal finishers.

Just break the players and squad down individually. Tell me who is comfortable picking the ball up from the back? Who's great at holding possession? The fullbacks that can get up and down? All these to suit just a more "progressive" style of play.

Or look at our strengths...big strong physical players with pace who do be aggressive and win the ball further up the pitch.

It's not that difficult is it? Statistically, three (of the bottom 5) of our managers have had that same squad bar a few arrivals/exits. That's why they are in the bottom 5 of our worst managers ever, because they have had our worst squad for 50+ years.

We blamed Benitez, but Lampard was as bad/worse. Dyche is now as bad/worse statistically than the previous two. I don't think any of those 3 managers are any great shakes btw, but the squad has got progressively weaker by selling Digne, Hameth, Richie, Gordon Gray and Iwobi for starters, and these weaknesses have been compounded by long term injuries to Mina and DCL, not forgetting Sigurdsson was missing for ages and the lack of replacement signings and, no back up forward for nigh on 2 seasons.

Long story short, it's no fooking wonder Dyche is doing rubbish. A pi55 poor squad has got weaker and weaker, but maybe the squad is really ace and Don Carlo will come back, or Potter will start a project and have us kicking on to the waffa places...
the likes of Moyes, Allardyce, Dyche all work better when they have total control over the team, with little or no imput from a director of football (or owner).
Dyche doesn't have this at Everton. He'll never succeed with Thelwells players added to a mish mash from 5 other managers.
He might have been responsible for Young coming in in the last window but thats it.
If we're going to have a DoF, let him pick the manager.
I'd be fairly certain that Dyche could be let go with a hold put on compensation till a takeover happens. Or even put on gardening leave while Thelwell puts someone else in charge.
None of this will happen, we'll be in bad shape by this time next month and goodison will be angry, very angry.

the likes of Moyes, Allardyce, Dyche all work better when they have total control over the team, with little or no imput from a director of football (or owner).
Dyche doesn't have this at Everton. He'll never succeed with Thelwells players added to a mish mash from 5 other managers.
He might have been responsible for Young coming in in the last window but thats it.
If we're going to have a DoF, let him pick the manager.
I'd be fairly certain that Dyche could be let go with a hold put on compensation till a takeover happens. Or even put on gardening leave while Thelwell puts someone else in charge.
None of this will happen, we'll be in bad shape by this time next month and goodison will be angry, very angry.
So Dyche can't manage Thelwell's players (and those from 5 other managers) and he should be put on 'gardening leave' because of that?

Who do you think might turn Thelwell's players (and those from 5 other managers) into a winning outfit, and how long do we give him/her before we put them on gardening leave?

Telegraph confirming what I thought. He can’t be sacked because there’s nobody in position to actually do so. We’re pretty much under an embargo whilst the takeover rumbles on and there will be no payments made, compensation or otherwise until it’s sorted.

We’ve got to hope he gets it right in the coming weeks.

Just tell him pies are off the menu in the canteen and he'll be off double quick

I was very anti-Dyche yesterday. Now I've calmed down a bit, I'm still:rant: but I'm ambivalent.

This term "rinse & repeat". It is literally that.

I can't see why we would keep a manager whose results are as bad as they are. But frankly what's the point anymore?

We've got him we're going to have to entrust him. After all the rudderless organisation that is Everton Football Club ain't going to do anything are they right now!

Anyway right now Dyche AND the players, I shudder. We're truly abysmal.

Telegraph confirming what I thought. He can’t be sacked because there’s nobody in position to actually do so. We’re pretty much under an embargo whilst the takeover rumbles on and there will be no payments made, compensation or otherwise until it’s sorted.

We’ve got to hope he gets it right in the coming weeks.
1695064414305.webp

You don't create the chances we did in those games based on just "huff and puff". It's like when people said Ancelloti doesn't "coach" players and let's them do what they want (who also got labelled a dinosaur)...it's complete nonsense.

You're taking Arsenal as a one off game. Arsenal and games like it when we play City etc are going to be games where we'll be set up to swallow and hopefully spit something out the other end. Look at West Ham. Dinosaur football with Moyes apparently. However...have the right tools to soak up and counter with lethal finishers.

Just break the players and squad down individually. Tell me who is comfortable picking the ball up from the back? Who's great at holding possession? The fullbacks that can get up and down? All these to suit just a more "progressive" style of play.

Or look at our strengths...big strong physical players with pace who do be aggressive and win the ball further up the pitch.
Mad that, because a team full of internationals watched as bottom of the entire football league managed to pass it with ease

Or he’s a god awful manager

Spot on.

It's rinse and repeat. Keep weakening the squad and you get what you deserve. Doesn't matter week is in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back