2023/24 Sean Dyche

I said we should get rid at the end of last season and i was told "hes the right man for the job".

If you bring in managers who specialize in fighting relegation then you'll be fighting relegation.

Im not bothered by the arsenal result. Im bothered by the fact that We've literally just been played off the park by Doncaster a team at the bottom of the football league.

This is how bad this manager is! Doncaster, tactically were a better team then us with a better style of play. Its only the fact we brought on a striker whos worth more then their entire team that saved us.

Sack him as soon as possible and get a actual coach in who has a set style of play and isnt a kopite. One who can actually coach the players.

This team is easily a mid table team. Its just this absolute joke of a manager is making them look abysmal. We should be sitting on 7 points by now with the teams weve played.
100% agree with the above. Its bad enough getting beat, but to be constantly played off the park game after game with no visible style of play/game plan is what's getting to me.
There are no teams in the Premiership that cannot play us to a standstill. We chase shadows, regain possession then give it away after 2 or 3 passes, then rinse and repeat. By the mid of the second half in most games, we look shattered, gaps appear, concentration lapses and mistakes are made and then we have to chase the game to see if we can get a draw by going even more route one than the start of the game.
It winds me up to watch the training vids where they play small sided games and bang in a few goals, only to turn up on match day like they have learned nothing since the last loss.
For me, SD has to go and go now, he's been here a year and we have gone backwards in the type of game we play, now its just a big boot up front to a single striker and no support for him within 20 yards. I wouldn't mind so much if we had 2 strikers up front so we could at least have some options to hold up the ball until the midfield were able to provide that support, but no, he continues to play Doucoure as the support to Beto and a blind man can see that's not working.
What is it with our last few managers in that ordinary fans can see it but so called professional managers/coaches cannot?

In his third stint, when he was very obviously an unwell man. Have a look at the top of the table.

Or the context of the situation impacts how well a manager can manage. If my memory is correct we were as much as a basket case under Howard 3 as we are now, many paralells in fact.

Howard 1, is an exercise in what patience, stability and allowing someone time to coach and build can bring.

Many parallels. One thing I’m certain off and contemporary football lacks is all managers need and deserve time.

Is the squad that bad the reason why they got passed off the pitch at Doncaster? Or was it down to poor tactics and management
It's not a binary choice mate. I remember us being passed off the pitch a few times under the Great Carlo Ancelotti, once at home by none other than Sean Dyche's Burnley...

By any chance were they the worst team in the entire football league?
No, if I recall correctly, Burnley played to their strengths, and they avoided relegation by a large margin that year. We dropped like a stone under Don Carlo mind, and with squad far superior to today's squad.

It's not a choice between bad manager or bad squad, it's a combination of the two. Fellas can't stand Dyche, and see him as the problem, fine. However the problems were there long before his name appeared on the manager's vacancy shortlist. Dyche for all his limitations, isn't one of the common denominators mate, our squad (amongst other things) is. The fact is, it's got weaker, season on season.