2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I will keep on saying, he is rubbish...

If he thought that Keane was better than Mina and then had to be "persuaded" by us to drop Keane, then thought that Keane was better than Branthwaite and had to be "persuaded" by us to play Branthwaite.

How stupid can one Manager be?
I'd generally agree with you but on Mina, there could well be a case that that was game management.
Mina finished on 99 appearances for Everton. I presume some installment must have been triggered if he were to hit 100.
He knew he was off in the summer and knew the club didnt want to trigger that clause on a player who was leaving so he didnt kick up a stink.
Maybe Dyche made the calculated decission to play him in the final few games where it would be make or break.
Thats me giving Dyche the benefit of doubt.

Of course it doesnt explain why Keane started this season.
Anyways, hope I'm forced to eat humble pie on this one.

Instilling belief in this group of players is going to be Dyche's toughest challenge. He needs time to try and do it. Belief doesn't happen over night. It can't be based flimsy ideals like we have had for the last two years. Has to be on hard work and getting the basics right, which every player at this level is capable of. Then we'll see.

If you had showed him that when he joined tho, I bet he would of walked straight back out the door.

We are gradually forcing him in to the realisation that age/experience isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Not sure he will ever fully accept it though...

Can’t stand the man or the football he peddles , but if he can continue to deliver results like yesterday on a regular basis , I’m happy enough.
Honest question, what is the "football he peddles" and why is it so bad? Maybe it's just me but I actually like the way we've played for the most part this season we just haven't taken the chances which are down to individuals rather than the system. I think we're an effective team but it's not like we're too boring or just long ball and hope, we play when we need to play, looking at how Branthwaite and Tarkowski play is the easiest example, they're happy to play it around and out from the back but are equally happy to go long to Beto / DCL if there's an opening.

We've had 2 very bad performances this season, first half against Doncaster and the game against Villa, the Arsenal one wasn't great but they're also one of the best teams in the world and should be battering us. Every other game I feel like we played well and should've fairly handily come out with more points if individual mistakes didn't happen, that's not on the manager. His system creates chances but he can't go on the pitch and finish them himself.

I think going through our manager's since Moyes I think Dyche is one of the more enjoyable to watch, in my opinion this'd be how I'd rate it: first season Martinez > Moyes > Carlo > Dyche > everyone else. Even Ancelotti there is more who he was and the players he had like James, the rest of our managers played awful football, bar maybe Silva if he had gotten more time. Also worth noting the squads that the rest had, Dyche had no money and an almost relegated, unbalanced squad, in my opinion looking at it all in context he's doing a good job and has us playing well, especially given the quality of player he has compared to others before him.

I'd generally agree with you but on Mina, there could well be a case that that was game management.
Mina finished on 99 appearances for Everton. I presume some installment must have been triggered if he were to hit 100.
He knew he was off in the summer and knew the club didnt want to trigger that clause on a player who was leaving so he didnt kick up a stink.
Maybe Dyche made the calculated decission to play him in the final few games where it would be make or break.
Thats me giving Dyche the benefit of doubt.

Of course it doesnt explain why Keane started this season.
Anyways, hope I'm forced to eat humble pie on this one.

Because Branthwaite wasn't fit and Godfrey is a rugby player. As soon as Branthwaite was fit he came straight in.

And seeing people say the fans "persuaded Dyche to drop Keane" oh my word, that's next level trolling lol

Honest question, what is the "football he peddles" and why is it so bad? Maybe it's just me but I actually like the way we've played for the most part this season we just haven't taken the chances which are down to individuals rather than the...
Every single word of this post makes sense. Alas, the posters who have taken against him think in black and white and will never change their stance on him.

We could beat Villa, Luton and Bournemouth in the next three games and then if we lose at Anfield they'll be demanding his sacking.

I wouldn't waste your breath, I reckon most Evertonians can see the improvements despite the constraints he's working under.

Saturday addressed many of my previous gripes I thought we were a lot more fluid and we actually were able to complete a series of passes , i wasn't expecting peak barca just what was present against Brentford. I know the squad has deficiencies but basic football competency should be achievable with pro athletes even misfits like ours. Hopefully dych can replicate that performance on a regular basis as consistency is key

Because Branthwaite wasn't fit and Godfrey is a rugby player. As soon as Branthwaite was fit he came straight in.

And seeing people say the fans "persuaded Dyche to drop Keane" oh my word, that's next level trolling lol

How wasn’t Branthwaite fit, he’d been playing for England U21s in the summer? How was he not considered fit yet James Garner was, they both played the same amount of games and had the same pre-season schedule.

Dyche definitely chose to start Keane ahead of Branthwaite, just as he chose to start Keane ahead of Mina last season. Thankfully it didn’t take him as long to realise his error and rectify it this time.

Look, you’re allowed to like Dyche and admit he made a tactical howler. He’s not completely infallible believe it or not.

Dyche only trusts older players though:

Starting:
Branthwaite 21
Onana 22
Garner 22
McNeil 23
Mykolenko 24
Beto 25

Bench:
Dobbin 20
Chermiti 19
Patterson 21

Absolute dinosaur brexit ball, can’t believe he bought Jay Rodriguez to go behind Che Adams and gave Maguire 150k a week to partner Keane.

I agree with your point, but that said I am wondering how much Ashley Young himself brings up he age average :D

As I will keep on saying, he is rubbish...

If he thought that Keane was better than Mina and then had to be "persuaded" by us to drop Keane, then thought that Keane was better than Branthwaite and had to be "persuaded" by us to play Branthwaite.

How stupid can one Manager be?
Mina might as well be Kroldrup for the amount of time he spent actually playing.

Dyche only trusts older players though:

Starting:
Branthwaite 21
Onana 22
Garner 22
McNeil 23
Mykolenko 24
Beto 25

Bench:
Dobbin 20
Chermiti 19
Patterson 21

Absolute dinosaur brexit ball, can’t believe he bought Jay Rodriguez to go behind Che Adams and gave Maguire 150k a week to partner Keane.
Mmmmm, errrrr yes but, but no but, just shut up you.

honest question, was he injured or is it because he came back late due to the Euros, because Dyche had no problem playing Garner.

Every single word of this post makes sense. Alas, the posters who have taken against him think in black and white and will never change their stance on him.

We could beat Villa, Luton and Bournemouth in the next three games and then if we lose at Anfield they'll be demanding his sacking.

I wouldn't waste your breath, I reckon most Evertonians can see the improvements despite the constraints he's working under.
Improvements?

Villa away
Doncaster
Arsenal

They are up there with the worst performances in recent years and that is almost half of the games we've played.
We haven't scored or picked up a point at home this season in 3 games.

Apart from maybe Villa we should be beating Luton and Bournemouth lets not make it out that getting 6 points against them is an achievement, he will simply just be doing whats expected.

Lets not go overboard over a solitary win at the weekend as good and nice as it was.

I'm not a massive fan of Dyche but the amount of over compensating people are doing about him being sacked as they were massive Frank " He needs more time " Lampard fan boys is rather sad.

The Vaults don't lie.

Saturday addressed many of my previous gripes I thought we were a lot more fluid and we actually were able to complete a series of passes , i wasn't expecting peak barca just what was present against Brentford. I know the squad has deficiencies but basic football competency should be achievable with pro athletes even misfits like ours. Hopefully dych can replicate that performance on a regular basis as consistency is key
Yeah I’d agree, we did look a lot more coherent, and Onana sitting a bit deeper helped with the previous issues of having a massive chasm between the defence and midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back