2023/24 Sean Dyche

He's got pretty much his first choice players available, and yet he's still playing Garner wide right, Gueye centre mid and Young at right back. The players he currently has at his disposal are so much better than he is making them look. His team selections and consistently negative tactics are not good enough. If this is the best he can do, with, bar Coleman, all of his better players fit, we are in a world of trouble when the injuries, inevitably, kick in.

The

Goals we conceded were very much down to the manager. Every time they got a set piece and launched the ball into our box, we were all over the place, that's downtown the coaching staff, we were totally disorganised at every step piece delivery into our box. It's the coaching team's job to get the organisation drilled into them.
There is normally a set piece coach at every club. Aston Villa have that long haired Jurgen klopp looking fella who high fives everyone every time they score from a corner.

No idea who our set piece guy is but they appear to be marking zonally instead of man to man

Our set piece guy got us a corner goal v Brentford though

If we'd played the same team and formation that started against Villa 3 points would be in the bag
This! Why revert back to systems that hadn't worked prior to villa instead of sticking with what produced possibly our best display of the season, he'll have his reasons and logic of course but I was disappointed seeing the starting lineup

This! Why revert back to systems that hadn't worked prior to villa instead of sticking with what produced possibly our best display of the season, he'll have his reasons and logic of course but I was disappointed seeing the starting lineup

Literally the same team that started against Brentford apart from DCL for Beto.

Surely on borrowed time, Arsenal game inexcusable and also today no given right to beat anyone but that should of been 3 points. Yes we’re poor and not sure what any other manager would do with us but we need to change something I can’t take his pressers anymore will be a full season of hearing the same thing only to be in the bottom 3 time to go Dyche.

The defeat was hard to take yesterday for many reasons but I think the idea that the team
had turned a corner by playing good football and winning the last two games was cruelly
shown to be wishful thinking.

He picked a very defensive team when the Villa win showed that bravery wins matches. Why the fear?
Why play Young behind Garner when he can't offer an overlap? Everything came down the left side in the first half.

At the same time, the misses by Garner and Beto and the shot by Idrissa Gueye were inexcusable, the Luton goals were Sunday League
and Beto looked like a lump. Gueye who had a bad game was actually missed in the second half as the chaos grew and DCL and Beto
do not like an obvious fit. Dyche has to decide on his best 11 and for me that means two natural wingers and Gueye not Garner.