2023/24 Sean Dyche

Think Silva would have mate, I wouldn’t have sacked Koeman either. . Bemitiez isn’t a bad manger - he’s outdated for sure, I just hated him and it was absolute hate biased, no problem admitting that. Lampard was lost, but more importantly he lost the players, so had to go.

Fundamentally though I believe a manager deserves time (any manager except Benitez), but when it gets to the extent of Lampard and relegation becomes more likely then not after a decent bit of time given, you have to act.

I think we’re far from that the moment with Dyche.
i think the silva now is a lot different than the one we had he used to just freeze on the touch line, i don’t think even under dyche we,ve ever really got going we stumbled home last season and brought the bad form into this one

Still not spent more than Moshiri yet..... Another club we are guaranteed never to finish above, 10th place trophy is the new 7th placed trophy

View attachment 230150
Howe is a much better manager than Dyche, how anyone acts like they are similar is beyond me. But let’s not get it wrong, their net spend is ludicrous and it’s crazy they are just allowed to do so. You say they haven’t spent as much as Moshiri yet, but Howe has only been there 2 years and they have spent more than half of what Moshiri has in 7 years.

Not debating that they have spent it better, but that’s an astronomical amount in less than 2 years to be spent by a team that was battling relegation each season.

Last edited:
Howe is a much better manager than Dyche, how anyone acts like they are similar is beyond me. But let’s not get it wrong, their net spend is ludicrous and it’s crazy they are just allowed to do so. You say they haven’t spent as much as Moshiri yet, but Howe has only been there 2 years and they have spent more than half of what Moshiri has in 7 years.

Not debating that they have spent it better, but that’s an astronomical amount in less than 2 years to be spent by a team that was battling relegation each season.

Our gamble never paid off.

Theirs has and they are now in the Champions League and will be able to justify the spend.

At what point in his press conference will we hear the words 'narrative', 'noise' and 'change the story'?

Going for all three within the first two minutes of him speaking.

Fella must know he's on his last lifeline. Fans are already against the board, and after Bournemouth they'll be after his head as well.

About as likely as someone using “I mean” to fill out a post on here mate.

About as likely as someone using “I mean” to fill out a post on here mate.

Projection?

I mean doing Che Adams or Nacho for this money, is an easy win for Kev here, but he’s decided to drop a shape, take a risk and back this lid.

Got out of jail mate, I mean great decision! lol

Yeah, wouldn't agree with any of those takes to be honest mate, you're reaching and you aren't breaking any new ground - i mean now your describing a career trajectory profile like Harry Kane, Mitoma was playing in Belgium a little over a year ago

Thats it really, could the club get relegated regardless of who the manager is - absolutely.

Less so with Dyche in my opinion. I mean hes already done it. Prob in more adverse circumstances.

Man Tenet in wild.

Ultimately though international football is a bit of fix in my opinion. Its hardly like for like and a level playing field. I think of it like leagues, we are country of five million people, France have close to 70 mill, i mean they should be stuffing us and shouldn't really be in the group in all honesty. We are in a league with the likes of Scotland, Wales, Norway, Croatia population wise granted we are awful, but France Gernamay, Italy, Spain and England - should be judged on their competitive success against each other given their populations - we arent in that sphere - its not judging like for like. Uefa anf FIfa are corrupt in my opinion, they give those countries fairly easy routes to make finals, so the big population markets get to the finals - so they can sell Big Macs, Carlsberg advertising to the biggest markets.

I mean, can you compare a club with no fit center forward and no resources to invest say vs Harry Cattericks Mersey Millionaires.

The data set is flawed for a start.

I mean we played what 6 games with Beto and DCL this season, we have two draws, two wins and two defeats. I think a fair man myself included, sees how this plays out with this squad available. I never expected instant results to be honest, I’d like six or 7 points at the point as a minimum. But I also knew it was a big job of work.

Think Silva would have mate, I wouldn’t have sacked Koeman either. . Bemitiez isn’t a bad manger - he’s outdated for sure, I just hated him and it was absolute hate biased, no problem admitting that. Lampard was lost, but more importantly he lost the players, so had to go.

Fundamentally though I believe a manager deserves time (any manager except Benitez), but when it gets to the extent of Lampard and relegation becomes more likely then not after a decent bit of time given, you have to act.

I think we’re far from that the moment with Dyche.
Dyche Is very close to the trap door, I’d say more fans want him out than want to give more time, think it’s mad you think he’s far away from that point.

We lose to Bournemouth then he will have to go. We probably have 8/9 winnable games at home. 4 of them would have already gone. You’re probably looking at 20 points if we’re very lucky from the reaming 15. So we’d need 4/5 wins away. We’ve won 5 in 3 years

6 pointers are running out and we’re early in October

Our gamble never paid off.

Theirs has and they are now in the Champions League and will be able to justify the spend.
Yes, all well and good for now. But they have to sustain it and as we know, nothing lasts for ever. Will be interesting to see how they handle the downturn.

Yes, all well and good for now. But they have to sustain it and as we know, nothing lasts for ever. Will be interesting to see how they handle the downturn.
You mean like instantly negotiating a new kit deal with adidas from castore. Increasing revenue from £5m a year to £40m a year.

What did we do?? Oh yeah, went to uncle Uzzy to put more eggs in that basket