2023/24 Sean Dyche

Maybe it's just as well he was forced to not play two number 6s in Onana and Gana.

He played both against Villa last week without Idrissa didnt he.....thats the source of the debate really - because we looked good and got the result, its at his inception.

Thought the Bourmouth midfield was poor yesterday and the manager was off his bin with how he tried to play with those players, taking nothing away from the two lads.

We look better without Idrissa mind. Thought it really enabled Onana. If its to be a long term thing its him im looking at to step up as opposed to Garner if im honest.

He played both against Villa last week didnt he.....

Thought Bourmouth midfield was poor yesterday and the manager was off his bin with how he tried to play with those players, taking nothing away from the two lads.

We look better without Idrissa mind. Thought it really enabled Onana. If its to be a long term thing its him im looking at to step up as opposed to Garner if im honest.

No mate - it was Garner and Onana vs Villa. .

To be fair, away from home I can tolerate two defensive midfielders/number 6s. Vs Liverpool I'd understand it.

Not at home to Wolves, Fulhams, Lutons etc.

No coincidence Garners best games for us, and Onanas have been when Gana isn't there.

We have to trust Onana to make the number 6 his own - we paid big money for him, and it's where he plays for Belgium. I'm sure he'd have coped vs the likes of Luton.

The other thing about Rooney - even leaving aside the idea he could manage us without achieving anything as a manager in the game - is what a signal it would send out to the young players at the club who might have options. "Yeah, Wayne left them too when he had the chance."

Celebrity and glitz has eaten the game in England - and Everton have been devoured by this as much as anyone. Kenwright's last card would be to "bring a blue home" and get us relegated.

The other thing about Rooney - even leaving aside the idea he could manage us without achieving anything as a manager in the game - is what a signal it would send out to the young players at the club who might have options. "Yeah, Wayne left them too when he had the chance."

Celebrity and glitz has eaten the game in England - and Everton have been devoured by this as much as anyone. Kenwright's last card would be to "bring a blue home" and get us relegated.
That's the Spirit!!

No mate - it was Garner and Onana vs Villa.

To be fair, away from home I can tolerate two defensive midfielders/number 6s. Vs Liverpool I'd understand it.

Not at home to Wolves, Fulhams, Lutons etc.

No coincidence Garners best games for us, and Onanas have been when Gana isn't there.

We have to trust Onana to make the number 6 his own - we paid big money for him, and it's where he plays for Belgium. I'm sure he'd have coped vs the likes of Luton.

Thats what i mean mate, he wasnt forced into the change then, so playing both was at his inception as opposed to "being forced". My take is Onana can drift and let the game pass him by, so im not sure hes fully trusted without Idrissa, maybe he should be.........Idrissa hasnt been great lately.

I defo take all of that on board mate and wouldnt disagree with any of it, the lads were given the chance and taken it - they deserve the opportunity, as thats Villa and Bourmouth now theyve posted performances and came home with results. Thats football you live and die by taking your chance.

Be brave to do it at Snake Mountain, but i prob would - what do we have to loose only the game and the ref will make sure of that anyway! lol

Thats what i mean mate, he wasnt forced into the change then, so playing both was at his inception as opposed to "being fcorced". My take is Onana can drift and let the game pass him by, so im not sure hes fully trusted without Idrissa, maybe he should be.........Idrissa hasnt been great lately.

I defo take all of that on board mate and wouldnt disagree with any of it, the lads were given the chance and taken it - they deserve the opportunity, as thats Villa and Bourmouth now theyve posted performances and came home with results. Thats football you live and die by taking your chance.

Be brave to do it at Snake Mountain, but i prob would - what do we have to loose only the game and the ref will make sure of that anyway! lol

Well, he made 5 changes I believe Vs Villa for what was a cup game.

Generally whenever Gana is fit, he starts and I think it's a mistake - compounded when it's alongside Onana. How many times have we had Onana play the number 6 without Gana next to him?

I like Gana but it's either him or Onana IMO. The view Dyche has that Gana and Onana can contribute in the final third isn't ideal.

Has anyone seen the thread on the RS forum about their sleeper cells / long con thing they're doing on here and other Everton forums? They think they're destabilising us by speaking weird rumours etc. We can do it perfectly well on our own, thanks!

Some of the saddest people on the planet but mostly pretty obvious on here with their constant, bizarre negativity.

The mask slips every so often and their amphibious underbelly is exposed. Strike.

Just a word of caution, if Gueye hadn't been injured in the warm up we wouldn't have had the Garner Onana pairing dominating central midfield. Dyche will, in all probability, put Gueye back in as soon as he is fit, because, premier league experience init, Ashley Young is another example. The victory today, as welcome as it was, was gifted to Dyche by Gueye's injury and helped along by the referee not awarding Bournemouth a clear penalty for Ashley Young's blatant hand ball.

Let's hope he has learned his lesson and perseveres with Garner and Onana in the middle, I'm not sure the stubborn dinosaur will though.

Rumours at Goodison were that Onana had been benched for being late for training (not sure how true).

Even though I would have Gueye benched its disingenuous to argue that 1x player was responsible for us tallying 25 shots at goal. The difference yesterday was we took our chances unlike against Wolves/Fulham. Even against Luton you had Onana and Gueye wasting numerous chances in the opening 10-15 minutes which probably would have dented Lutons confidence had one gone in.

Gueye played away at Brentford when we also played some top stuff. The reality is we're often a Jekyll and Hyde side as most midtable clubs are. Now Harrison is fit you'll see Garner in the middle more often which is his best position by far.

The worry is I still think at full strength we're a 10th-12th team but a few of our players (including Garner) seem injury prone and a few out will potentially leave us struggling which gives the Lampard Cult an opportunity to get back on his back soon as we lose a game.