2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that all that's required of the manager of Everton these days?

I'm afraid so because the top of the club remains such a mess. That pretty much filters down to the pitch before too long and been the case since summer 2021.

Can't say I'd want Newcastle owners but ultimately they've come in and become a winning machine overnight. Villa owners messed up getting in Slippy but Emery is world class manager and their form in 2023 has been ridiculous. Tony Bloom at Brighton has his algorithms and they've got them punching well above their weight for last few seasons.

Todd Boehly however at Chelsea seems to have copied the Moshiri handbook for signing players and Chelsea have won one home game in about 8 months so if ownership keeps making errors usually the team stops winning and it just creates a negative cycle.

Dyche is doing o.k for what is required currently as the remit from the top currently isn't to challenge for europe anytime soon.

I know this is disappointing to some who are filled with their seething hatred but.... with 4 wins from 6, we are 1 win away from being midtable and Dyche being proven right with the *shudders* xG.

Also, since we beat West Ham they must be being relegated, since we lost to Luton and thats all that matters.

He didnt do himself any favours with michael keane. Every man and his dog could see he needed to stop selecting him. It almost come across as stubborn. We're pretty much a what it says on the tin side. But ive no issue with that. Posted on here right at the start of the season i was glad he was the manager this season as i just wanted a boring non relegation one. We're on a point a game right now which isnt exactly great given the fixtures. But looking at other teams im starting to feel a bit more comfortable there are 3 worse teams.

Yes. Pretty much. It's not the 80s
Shouldn't be looking a bit higher up the table, mid table finishes perhaps with this side?
I'm afraid so because the top of the club remains such a mess. That pretty much filters down to the pitch before too long and been the case since summer 2021.

Can't say I'd want Newcastle owners but ultimately they've come in and become a winning machine overnight. Villa owners messed up getting in Slippy but Emery is world class manager and their form in 2023 has been ridiculous. Tony Bloom at Brighton has his algorithms and they've got them punching well above their weight for last few seasons.

Todd Boehly however at Chelsea seems to have copied the Moshiri handbook for signing players and Chelsea have won one home game in about 8 months so if ownership keeps making errors usually the team stops winning and it just creates a negative cycle.

Dyche is doing o.k for what is required currently as the remit from the top currently isn't to challenge for europe anytime soon.
Agree. Thanks Bill.

We do, but I do wonder if he'd play him anyway over players with graft. Which is the big question long term really, McNeil, Doucoure, Garner and Harrison for example work hard but will he sacrifice them for someone with more end product and less defensive work.
Ideally you want players with quality who will also graft. There’s no passengers in the modern game nowadays, everyone has to work off the ball.
I think the starting 11 today are good enough to finish mid table, hopefully in January the squad will be bolstered in a couple of areas where it’s thin. If the team finishes at the end of the season in mid table or at least comfortably outside the relegation zone, then the manager has to try to bring in players to help push the team up the table next season. That’s another call from Dyche and we will see if he can pick a player.

But we weren’t screwed were we, What a ridiculous take, we’ve won the game ffs!

What happens if Harrison makes the right decision first half and we score? Do we end up drawing 2-2 instead?
My point is we concede chances in dangerous areas due to the way the fullbacks are instructed to play.

It's great we won but it's not ridiculous to discuss this when Dyche has shown a stubbornness over his playstyle that's cost us points against teams that quickly switch the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back