2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I know I’m in the minority who like the job he’s doing but I do wonder if there’s a bit of snobbery with some posters thinking the ‘stereotype’ Dyche is not good enough for our club.

The nonsense of ‘hoofball’, the ludicrous idea he ‘plays his mates’, ‘Dyche fit’ ffs.

He can only work with what he has and I much prefer watching Dyche Everton to Lampard or Benitez Everton.

Maybe Moshiri finally got one right.
Nothing snobbish from me, he’s made some bad calls, in tactics and team selection that’s why I had a problem with his management.

….I know I’m in the minority who like the job he’s doing but I do wonder if there’s a bit of snobbery with some posters thinking the ‘stereotype’ Dyche is not good enough for our club.

The nonsense of ‘hoofball’, the ludicrous idea he ‘plays his mates’, ‘Dyche fit’ ffs.

He can only work with what he has and I much prefer watching Dyche Everton to Lampard or Benitez Everton.

I think what you're saying is : I'm glad that I'm now a peasant rather than a serf.

I know this is disappointing to some who are filled with their seething hatred but.... with 4 wins from 6, we are 1 win away from being midtable and Dyche being proven right with the *shudders* xG.

Also, since we beat West Ham they must be being relegated, since we lost to Luton and thats all that matters.
What was our xG today mate?

Do you know it without looking it up?

Cos I know we won 1-0 and we got 3 points, thats the only thing that matters.

He has a very decent group of players there, thank God hes finally getting a tune out of them now and again.

Yes, im very happy we won.

You're not mate...I like him...i like where he's taking us and needs to be given time to steady a ship at has sailed and is sailing rough seas.

I know this is disappointing to some who are filled with their seething hatred but.... with 4 wins from 6, we are 1 win away from being midtable and Dyche being proven right with the *shudders* xG.

Also, since we beat West Ham they must be being relegated, since we lost to Luton and thats all that matters.

Currently on a point per game.

Would've taken that for sure after Arsenal when it was 1 point from 5 and looking utterly toothless.

I had a good feeling for today and also have a good feeling for Palace. Not sure on Brighton or many of the following home games but if DCL remains on it team has a chance of draws and another 1-0 win or two.

It's a good win but need to built on it which is always the problem for teams in the bottom 6 as usually a shock win is followed by a middling run of form and so you stay down there.

My hunch though was this was a very good time in the season to play West Ham and the team exploited them being bang average today so well done.

Nothing snobbish from me, he’s made some bad calls, in tactics and team selection that’s why I had a problem with his management.

Yes start of the season 99% on here wanted Branthwaite to start and Garner to be given a go in central midfield (sorry @davek :dance:). You'd rather it didn't take 3 defeats out of 3 to start a season for Dyche to realise Keane remained no good but better late than never and finally he seems to have realised Garner-Onana has some nice potential as a sitting divot as both can get around the pitch no problem and are calm passers.

Branthwaite isn't going out until injury/suspension now which is excellent and hopefully this midfield gets a run up to xmas if they can stay fit as interested how it will function in homes v likes of Brighton and Man. United. As effective as today and certainly got a chance to beat Man. United who look very poor this season in most areas.

I have to agree with you there. Modern football at top level is about what you do without the ball aswell as what you do with it and the team are looking well drilled and tough to play against. We all want a little more stardust at the top of the pitch and Doucoure is clearly not a No 10 but he has been fairly impressive with his goal return and we are creating good chances. Midfield and defence are
Functioning much better than previous seasons and we have decent back upfor Calvert Lewin. I think there is more to come from this team. If you keep goals out then there is always a chance of winning against any team.

It's still 8 wins in 28 matches. Some performances have been good, some have been dreadful, such as Luton, Arsenal and Sheffield United. I'm sitting firmly on the fence.

We badly lack just one player with a bit of creativity, someone who can make something out of nothing.
We do, but I do wonder if he'd play him anyway over players with graft. Which is the big question long term really, McNeil, Doucoure, Garner and Harrison for example work hard but will he sacrifice them for someone with more end product and less defensive work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back