2023/24 Sean Dyche

haha no way am I reading people thinking we can go to toe to toe in a possession game with Brighton of all teams. Some of you know literally nothing about football and it really shows, honestly just pray you're kopites on here winding us up and not stupid blues with zero ball knowledge like I suspect.
Where did you read that? Why the performative hostility?

Yes mate.

Hardly a tune tho is it, I mean if people are claiming that hes MILES better than Lampard, I would have been hoping for more evidence than 1 point.

But as the chap above says, Xmas is when most of our managers explode, so lets hope Dyche strides into Feb with his beard shining.

But it's breaking everything else down.

It's looks more organised, solid defensively, there's a plan, they're fitter, they attack, have shots, should be scoring more, has a fight about them.

It's gradual with solid foundations.

But some people still want a better brand of football.

Some people simply want to see Everton relegated by not accepting the facts about the ability of this team. The ability of which they stated last year that 'no manager could improve'. Last year that result was 4-1. This year we turned that result into gaining a point. Accept reality Chris.
I think the ability of the team is vastly better than the last 3 managers have had got out of them.

IMO, we have had 3 very bad managers, who have all mismanaged not the best, but certainly not the worst group of players.

IMO, a decent manager gets this squad 11th.

I judge it on how many players I like.

We have a lot of players in the squad who I really like currently.

First few weeks of the season and it was pretty much Dom for months.
I think the spine of our team is decent. Pickford, Tarks, Braithwaite, Onana, Garner and DCL. However our fullbacks and wide midfielders are poor. In the modern game, you need your fullbacks to push on and stretch the opposition and naturally your wide players give you creativity. No wonder we struggle offensively to create, but with our spine we are competitive in games.

I think the spine of our team is decent. Pickford, Tarks, Onana, Garner and DCL. However our fullbacks and wide midfielders are poor. In the modern game, you need your fullbacks to push on and stretch the opposition and naturally your wide players give you creativity. No wonder we struggle offensively to create, but with our spine we are competitive in games.
Maybe he should’ve tried playing Patterson

Thought he should have made subs today considering many of then players he’s selected for three games in a week. Looked leggy and lacked an outlet for much of second half so stands to reason.

Overall though 5 wins in 8 is great for an Everton manager in recent times so hey, I’m pretty happy with him.
Wow.

I agree.

faint-fainting.gif

In the meantime its good to see the team is now hitting the part where they are putting the most tackles in the league. There certainly arent many players in the side now who are shying out of putting in a shift. Hopefully he continues to get that tune out of them for the rest of the season, effort can make up for a lot of missing talent.