2023/24 Sean Dyche

It's not that difficult mate. We've already played three of the top five. Two of them being away.

6 league games before Christmas.

12pts from 18 and were back chasing the midtable pack.

we will stay up regardless mate ;)

dyche is the perfect man for this

I think and hope we can do it. I'm just being cautious given that we haven't achieved that in the past two seasons and looked well off it. Dyche has brought back the belief we can do it but everytime there is good news currently there is a bomb waiting to follow!

The only reason I'm kind of worried now about us is that the 10 point deduction (if it holds) means that we need to realistically have achieved 45-50 points over the season (to leave us on 35-40 and safety I think). That's quite a big ask. I think we are capable but it relies on everything going smoothly and we have a particularly tough run up to Christmas.
There are three parts of the punishment that are still to be resolved (hoping not at all!):
  • Being sued by relegated clubs (a la Sheff Utd West Ham and there are now other precedents too, Boro Derby comes to mind)
  • The risk of administration (owing to the payouts due above)
  • The risk of 9 further points owing to administration... Leading to the risk of relegation (we may be able to play our way out of this as you say - I think 32 or more points will do it)

Dyche's got them playing, but we probably need to face up to losing DCL, Branthwaite and maybe Douc's for I hope 120m next summer (assuming we stay up), and then we've got a super tough season 2024-25. If we're a premier league team after that - Sean Dyche has to go down as one of the most 'successful' Everton manager's of all time and his value to the club in financial terms in the period would literally be 100's millions.

Probably the best man for the job at the moment.

Get them working hard. Any slackers told they are not playing. The longer he gets the more chance we have staying up.

The off the field stuff will be dealt with but dyche will just get on with his job. How he don't tell the media to eff off as every press conference will be about the 10 points and the off the field problems. His answer will be, we are working hard on the training pitch and my job is to get three points.

There are three parts of the punishment that are still to be resolved (hoping not at all!):
  • Being sued by relegated clubs (a la Sheff Utd West Ham and there are now other precedents too, Boro Derby comes to mind)
  • The risk of administration (owing to the payouts due above)
  • The risk of 9 further points owing to administration... Leading to the risk of relegation (we may be able to play our way out of this as you say - I think 32 or more points will do it)

Dyche's got them playing, but we probably need to face up to losing DCL, Branthwaite and maybe Douc's for I hope 120m next summer (assuming we stay up), and then we've got a super tough season 2024-25. If we're a premier league team after that - Sean Dyche has to go down as one of the most 'successful' Everton manager's of all time and his value to the club in financial terms in the period would literally be 100's millions.
And you're called smiley chap.........

Christ alive.
I'm a big fan of Dyche but that stuff about Thatcher made my blood run cold
I'm not a fan of him, don't rate him, don't like him, but also don't give a flying duck what he thinks about some dead politician.

In these tough times we all need to stand together and support our average ginger worm-eating tory manager.
COYB.

Fake news? Calm down Donald. It’s a direct quote. Bit hypocritical of you to brush it under the carpet.

To be fair he seems to be a big Thatcher fan himself.

To be fair he seems to be a big Thatcher fan himself.

How anyone from the north can have a “level of respect” for her and the damage she caused the people in the north blows my mind.

I don’t really care about Dyches political views, I didn’t care about Lampards either, they need to unite the fans and get the club though.

Could support Liverpool for all I care (which is arguably worse than being a Tory), but they need to show they give a crap about us. (Eg, I didn’t mind Sammy Lee because he showed a tonne of passion whenever we scored, whereas Big Sam couldn’t have cared less, same as Benitez).

Last edited: