2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think DCL, Harrison and McNeil coming back have made us a much tougher proposition off the ball.The ram are looking as fit as I’ve seen an Everton team in a long long time and this is adding to their sharpness and awareness on the ball. Normally losing Onana and Garher would have been a no way back setback but the team look very adaptable and flexible. That was in my opinion our best performance under Dyche. He’s been in the job just under 12 months and the machine s starting to run smooth and is well oiled.
These two in particular have been very underrated. They are both solid technically, both very involved in the buildup and both very involved on the defensive side. They have taken flak because they aren’t your typical “beat the defender to the byline” or “cut in and curl it into the top corner” wingers but they bring so much more to the table than stats. We certainly will miss Harrison if we don’t get a good replacement in.

These two in particular have been very underrated. They are both solid technically, both very involved in the buildup and both very involved on the defensive side. They have taken flak because they aren’t your typical “beat the defender to the byline” or “cut in and curl it into the top corner” wingers but they bring so much more to the table than stats. We certainly will miss Harrison if we don’t get a good replacement in.
They've made a huge difference for me. These 2 as opposed to Grey and Iwobi.

He was never 'doing awful' either, most criticisms where based on preconceptions that had nothing to do with Dyche's performance at Everton. We improved from the moment he stepped in the door (from a very very low bar granted).
He was 1 loss away(Bournemouth at home) to being the statically Evertons worse EVER manager

He turned it round unbelievably so

He was 1 loss away(Bournemouth at home) to being the statically Evertons worse EVER manager

No he wasn't, maybe in a very very specific metric that allows you to present an argument that will have a pre-determined opinion, but ultimately that simply is not true. The progress was clear from an awful situation to anyone willing to look for it and the progress started a long time before the Bournemouth game.

No he wasn't, maybe in a very very specific metric that allows you to present an argument that will have a pre-determined opinion, but ultimately that simply is not true. The progress was clear from an awful situation to anyone willing to look for it and the progress started a long time before the Bournemouth game.
Agree. You can also keep the haters quiet for a few weeks but they are always itching to come back out after our next bad performance which undoubtedly will happen as it does to all teams.

for goodness sake, just admit it was a great goal. It does not always have to be miserable, you know.
It's not miserable. I literally said in the post it was a great goal, did you miss that? lol

It was wonderful to see us controlling the ball, being patience, running the clock down. As I've said, it was a great goal, but they were shattered and hardly pressing so it just needs some context, that's all.

Puts the players first. Previous two managers were weak in that regard and took risks in putting players out to play who needed more time. Calvert Lewin is prime example Dyche putting player welfare first, was a gamble and maybe cost him his job . This has what surprised me most about Dyche as I don't follow manmanagement of others teams.

IMG_5270.webp

Dychey reading this thread….

Er yes he was,
Has he last to Bournemouth he would of had the worse win % of any manager, before Brentford we lost 6/8 games

What happened since then has been great and he doing well but the fact still remain true

Er yes he was,
Has he last to Bournemouth he would of had the worse win % of any manager, before Brentford we lost 6/8 games

What happened since then has been great and he doing well but the fact still remain true
So it would have been the worst start to a season, not over his everton career, the worst over an 8 game period (if true).

As I said its a selective statistic to prove an argument with pre-determined outcome. Absolutely the worst way to use statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back